Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Nightowls and Insomniacs

Weasyl
    Viciviser

Nightowls and Insomniacs

The sun went down the night came and you never let the sandman blow dust in your eyes. You punched him in the face and he's the one unconscious. Take that you creepy specter trespassing in my house. You don't control me.
    But now what do you do? You stay up all night on the computer or drawing or binging on movies/shows or playing video games or contemplating or pacing or eating or hating that you're still awake or reveling in the silence that is everyone else lying down.

So tell me fellow staunch nightowl or insomnia-stricken zombie... what are your thoughts as the wee hours come around?

Weasyl
    Vae
    I should be picking out an outfit to wear to Territory Days and
    you know
    sleeping, so I won't feel tired as balls when I go.

But I'm too busy drawing like 5 pictures.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Ah! Good, at least you're working on art, Vae. I'm not even doing that much. Just have a mess in my mind that I'm trying to detangle.
    Get to a good stopping point and get some rest asap though. Don't feel tired as balls. Avoid that.

I'm supposed to wake up early and go garage sale-ing with my guy. What is wrong with me? URRRGGGHH. I very rarely have actual insomnia issues. I am just a stubborn ass who likes to be up late. And then I lose track of time and phase out. When I finally look at the clock I'm angry at myself when I realize what time it is.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Most of the time, I stay up because I'm chatting with friends. We tend to get caught up in conversation and forget to look at the time.

I also tend to lose track of time while playing videogames... I should really stop reading webcomics at night, too. The time really flies by when I'm doing either of those things!

Today I got distracted by a bunch of games and apps I was fiddling with on my phone. I just got an SD card to store more stuff, and went a little overboard on the downloads.

I should be asleep, since I'm celebrating two birthdays tomorrow. I also have to clean the house and wash my car... I should probably bathe my dog, as well. She stinks, and she somehow got car grease on one of her legs.

All this stuff to do tomorrow (well, today, now), and here I still am, frittering away the time online. I think I'll try and get some sleep now.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Oh yeah, Umbra, sounds like you'll be busy. Haha, phone games have been taking up my time too. Damn things are addictive and I had a flip-phone forever. Cursed to be stuck in the past.
    I only recently got an iPhone and I just.. I just have so much love for it. And there are games and I can draw on it and texting is so easy now and so many other wonderful things. I certainly was not used to being able to game on my phone.

-__- Tired. I'm turning in too. Good night Umbra. Good night Vae.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I get my best burst of creativity at night so I'm usually writing. Also my friends happen to be in other time zones so i stay up talking with them. If I'm not doing either of those things I'm just watching shows.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    I'm with XoPachi, i'm usually drawing or playing a game. In most cases I honestly lose track of time and stay up late accidently. XD

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    When I stay up, I am either surfing the net on my smartphone or working the dreaded graveyard shift at some store somewhere 100 miles away from home.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I felt it appropriate to wait for late at night before posting here.

I do so love the quietude of late-night. I enjoy being together with my thoughts for company as all others are asleep. Being the type of person that prefers a calm atmosphere in life in general, this is my time. I will admit I may even get a bit irritable if others are still awake at 1 AM, as if there is some intrusion.

I generally spend late nights playing games, listening to specific songs on repeat, writing poetry/Worldbuilding/Character Development, reading up on mythology, watching science videos, or combing through internet haunts.

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Debugging, because this heisenbug won't fix itself. (I mean it might, but I can't really count on that.)