Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Nightowls and Insomniacs

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    Well, I worked 11PM-7AM hours for about 6 months, 2-4 days a week, so for me at the time, it was my normal awake hours.

Was really nice though. I had the store to myself, and very few people came in, to the point where 2-3 hours straight were completely dead. So I got to have alone time and think my thoughts and stuff.

When not working those days, I just derped around on the internet by myself for the night, since everyone in the house was asleep.

I don't work those hours anymore, but here I am, staying up when i should be going to bed, because I'm still used to those hours. (And I genuinely like being left alone at night, since I get off work at 11PM now. I wanna relax!)
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

I sit around and look at boobs on my computer. Personally I'd be weirded out if someone was up at 3am and not doing that.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    N/A
    Insomnia is a frequent visitor. Usually I kill time on the internet (comics, youtube, wikipedia binges) until I can't stay awake any longer. Then my sleeping schedule gets messed up for a week or two trying to sort it out. There's skype too, but I don't count that as killing time.

Actually sleeping during the night now though, so that's good.

It is currently 1am here and I am reading some papers for some final additions to my bachelor thesis, while half-watching night-programming (which is half-decent for a change) all while desperately willing myself to become sleepy.

It doesn't seem to be working. :C

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    I forgot to list another cause of me staying up late: Procrastination. I often find myself trying to finish essays and such at 3 AM... I really should learn how to manage my time better. :b

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I felt it appropriate to wait for late at night before posting here.

I do so love the quietude of late-night. I enjoy being together with my thoughts for company as all others are asleep. Being the type of person that prefers a calm atmosphere in life in general, this is my time. I will admit I may even get a bit irritable if others are still awake at 1 AM, as if there is some intrusion.

I generally spend late nights playing games, listening to specific songs on repeat, writing poetry/Worldbuilding/Character Development, reading up on mythology, watching science videos, or combing through internet haunts.
    Put a check on all of that for me too. Right there with ya.
    And man do I get annoyed when other people are also up late if I'm trying to spend time by myself. The only ones I can stand usually is my twin and my mom. We're birds of a feather in that aspect and they know when to leave me alone.

My latest science interest is genetic abnormalities and birth defects... been kind of infatuated with the subject lately. Hence the Cyclopia themes.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 05-25-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    Put a check on all of that for me too. Right there with ya.
    And man do I get annoyed when other people are also up late if I'm trying to spend time by myself. The only ones I can stand usually is my twin and my mom. We're birds of a feather in that aspect and they know when to leave me alone.

My latest science interest is genetic abnormalities and birth defects... been kind of infatuated with the subject lately. Hence the Cyclopia themes.
    I get into all sorts of things, but it usually revolves around space for me.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I drank to get rid of a gross depression spell at like 4 in the afternoon,
    passed the fuck out,
    and woke up at 11 at night.

So I'm awake, now.
    Great.
    Good.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I drank to get rid of a gross depression spell at like 4 in the afternoon,
    passed the fuck out,
    and woke up at 11 at night.

So I'm awake, now.
    Great.
    Good.
    GOOD, I mean, ugh.. Hope that helped. However, I understand that the throwing off of a decent sleeping pattern can just be such an annoyance too.

I'm not a sad drunk myself. In that I mean it does lift my spirits to get an alcohol buzz. Helps me relax and not get so worked up about whatever curveballs life is throwing at me.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Well, there's a difference in getting buzzed and getting drunk. Only one of these is any kind of helpful.