Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Nightowls and Insomniacs

Weasyl
    Lang
    On week days I force myself to sleep then stay up all night because it didn't work. On weekends I think total freedom! I'm more productive at night than during the day. Even if I stayed up for 20 hours I wouldn't become tired at 3am.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    At night, sometimes I just listen to music on YouTube and maybe draw a bit. I usually play a game or two to kill time. If I get bored or tired enough, I just go to bed. I try to keep staying up at night to a limit since I have a tendency to mess up my sleep schedule during summer vacation. X-X

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I felt it appropriate to wait for late at night before posting here.

I do so love the quietude of late-night. I enjoy being together with my thoughts for company as all others are asleep. Being the type of person that prefers a calm atmosphere in life in general, this is my time. I will admit I may even get a bit irritable if others are still awake at 1 AM, as if there is some intrusion.
    I do like the peace that night brings, but at the same time I also want to go out and enjoy the party scene. Not get drunk, just enjoy the music, the people, and the fact that I have that night free. I feel split between enjoying the nightlife and just relaxing in nighttime's calming silence and cricket chirps; I think I enjoy night parties so well because it's something I only get to do at an anime convention.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    I need to be asleep. I need to be asleep.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I do so love the quietude of late-night. I enjoy being together with my thoughts for company as all others are asleep. Being the type of person that prefers a calm atmosphere in life in general, this is my time. I will admit I may even get a bit irritable if others are still awake at 1 AM, as if there is some intrusion.
    Ah, I can relate to this. I prefer being the only one awake late at night, and I get annoyed sometimes if my family members stay up late with me. Same goes for early morning as well, since I like to be the first (and only) one awake in the morning. Once other people start waking up, the peace and quiet are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    I need to be asleep. I need to be asleep.
    Same here, I should be getting some sleep so that I can get up early for school tomorrow...

...Instead I'm working on drawings of PokÚmon and a pigeon-man. Whoops.
    I should wrap up this drawing session and get myself to bed.

Weasyl
    Dreamline

I feel this is relevant to our interests.

Also why do I keep wanting to stay up all night. Sure, I don't wake up at like, 7PM, but I wanna be up in the morning at least! That and I have work tomorrow, so my sleep schedule's not gonna like that much...
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    For the same reason I am unable to compel myself to become sleepy until around 2am, regardless of the fact I have to get up at 8am every day.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamline View Post
    Haven't heard these guys in a while. Love 'em!

I'm up past 12 again, because today I took a long nap in the middle of the day... Probably shouldn't have done that.

Well, now I can work on my final essay for my Critical Thinking class in peace. I've been writing essays about ocean pollution all semester, now I've got to put them all together into one long one. I think I've been doing alright, but I have to replace some outdated sources.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    I'm up tonight because I've lost my job. It's sorta surreal as it just happened and I was not prepared for such an incident that has me feeling like my brain is contorting, itching, and on fire. I can't even process emotions on it. I've never been fired or terminated before. Ugh... it wasn't even a good job (part-time flexible, minimum wage, retail.) But I'll be damned if my performance is ever put into question due to this. None of this is worth my time or anguish anyway. I need a real job. Not this bullshit.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Shoot, sorry to hear that... I haven't had much experience with being fired, myself, seeing as how I've only had one job (and I didn't technically get fired, our contracts just ran out or something... Hiring agency job in a warehouse).

I dunno what to say, really, other than I hope things go better for you soon.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Shoot, sorry to hear that... I haven't had much experience with being fired, myself, seeing as how I've only had one job (and I didn't technically get fired, our contracts just ran out or something... Hiring agency job in a warehouse).

I dunno what to say, really, other than I hope things go better for you soon.
    Thanks Umbra. I can understand that. When I worked at the post office they would have temporary work reduction and let us clerks go for a month or two, but after that we could be hired right back. I miss working for the post office. I'd rather be a cog in a sorting machine than pick up after people at a store. Got paid way better too. And it was full-time.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 05-28-2015 at 05:56 AM.