Thread: Heyas

Weasyl
    admirallupine

Heyas

Greetings, my name's Talix. I'm not exactly new here, had a Weasyl account for a little more than a year now. However, I've decided to finally introduce myself here as I haven't done so yet, so heyas! A had several months of inactivity here, but I'm starting to post more regularly as I keep up with my main account on FA which I'm very active on. My user name is admirallupine on both accounts.

I'm actually sort of terrible with introductions, but I'll say a few things and probably just take questions to get to know me more from you guys.

I've changed my mindset quite a bit over the five years of officially joining the fandom. Looking back, I considered myself a generic furry and while it was all well and good then, I kinda hate it now. I was ignorant and a lot of my actions seemed forced; it took a few years, but I finally grew out of it. Do I consider myself a furry still? Well yeah, I can't deny that, but I suppose it's not as "in-your-face" about it, not that it was ever as bad as I seem like I'm making it sound though. I don't wanna spill my whole life story onto you guys, but in short: things happened, things changed, and life went on.

With that out of the way, I'm pretty chill and I rarely strike up conversations, but I don't mind chatting once in a while. I just find it easier if someone else starts, so if you want, ask me things you'd like to know and I'll see if I can answer them.

It's nice to meet you all!
    Last edited by Talix; 05-23-2015 at 12:38 AM. Reason: grammar

Weasyl
    Brachyurus
    Welcome to the forums! I just had a look over your gallery and you've done some awesome work. I'm loving the Knight & Rogue stuff, reminds me of old-school JRPG's. Is that an actual game you're working on?

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Welcome to the forums! You're one of many who had an inactive account on Weasyl for a while, myself included in that category. But no prob. Glad to see you active.

What exactly alerted you to the existence of the furry community?
    I think I know what you meant by generic furry and forced, but why exactly do you think you went about it that way at first?

Don't worry, I'll share too.
    I would say I've been part of it for about 8 years or so myself, but when I first got into it I was very cautious. Had to make sense of it. It's certainly made me come out of my shell over the years, but I was always too reserved to really step into being around professed furries and especially being relaxed enough to be around fursuiters. Nowadays it's different. I am much more open to making furry friends. I'd attribute that to going to my first furcon. I like the people, the atmosphere, the art, all the friendliness. At this point I've been 4 times to the one in Dallas and I'd like to go to others.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysocyon View Post
    Welcome to the forums! I just had a look over your gallery and you've done some awesome work. I'm loving the Knight & Rogue stuff, reminds me of old-school JRPG's. Is that an actual game you're working on?
    Ah, thanks, I appreciate it!
    As for K&R, it's just a dream project at the moment. I spend my time thinking up ideas for it, gameplay and story alike. Otherwise, I just keep drawing up characters and monsters from that universe in hopes of slowly getting better over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    Welcome to the forums! You're one of many who had an inactive account on Weasyl for a while, myself included in that category. But no prob. Glad to see you active.

What exactly alerted you to the existence of the furry community?
    I think I know what you meant by generic furry and forced, but why exactly do you think you went about it that way at first?

Don't worry, I'll share too.
    I would say I've been part of it for about 8 years or so myself, but when I first got into it I was very cautious. Had to make sense of it. It's certainly made me come out of my shell over the years, but I was always too reserved to really step into being around professed furries and especially being relaxed enough to be around fursuiters. Nowadays it's different. I am much more open to making furry friends. I'd attribute that to going to my first furcon. I like the people, the atmosphere, the art, all the friendliness. At this point I've been 4 times to the one in Dallas and I'd like to go to others.
    Being the weird kid that I was, I just really liked animal characters, Star Fox and the like. My close friend, who is also a furry, helped me out back then and told me about the fandom. Though opposite of you, I wasn't cautious at all. I embraced it too well, to the point that looking back at it, I find it to be gross but a bit hilarious. But yeah, my interests and ways have changed since then. Through those years I found out more things about myself and what I wanted to focus more on when it comes to drawing things I'll actually be pleased of.
    Again, opposite from you, I, without a doubt, closed myself up over that time (through furcons as well) and I feel like I want to try and open up again. I guess that's why I'm here, hahah!
    But yeah, it's a pleasure to meet you guys!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Pleasure to meet you too. Thanks for the explanation.

I found out about the furry community randomly through stumbling upon some of Grisser's artwork while doing an image search back when I was in college. So I blame Grisser for drawing cool/sexy animal dudes.

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    Nice to see you on the forums, so welcome! You like roleplaying?
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldraco View Post
    Nice to see you on the forums, so welcome! You like roleplaying?
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I do quite a bit of tabletop roleplay with friends. I only ever ERP'd once, though it was a rather enjoyable experience.
    I'm still a bit shy about RPing with others online, but I suppose if anyone is ever interested to RP with me, just ask through a PM and I'll see if I'm up for it.