Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    MalevolentMask

Super Hero Movies, TV series etc.

Was surprised that there wasn't a thread for this!

What sort of super hero movies, TV shows etc. have you been loving or excited about seeing?

On a personal note with the Supergirl trailer out, i'm pretty excited to see how it will be. My parents commented that it honestly reminded them of when they watched the Lynda Carter Wonderwoman series years ago. :0

*Cracks knuckles*

Let's see.

I watch Arrow and The Flash, which are both great series (though Arrow is a bit heavy-handed with the "women in refrigerator"-trope). Both series are witty and a joy to watch if you're into action-packed series with a bit of fluff thrown in, though.

Then there's Agents of Shield, which ties in beautifully with the MCU and has a well thought-out story-line, as well as some pretty bad-ass characters. And Agent Carter is satisfying to watch even if just for the fact that Hayley Atwell is a BAMF who kicks ass.

Then there's Constantine, which was pretty much the original Supernatural. However, the episodes got scrambled a bit, making for a jumbled plotline and even despite the fact that the story-line got really good near the seasons finale, it got cancelled. Booo. :c

As for shows I'm anticipating / still need to watch... I'm currently starting Daredevil, which looks pretty damn good. And I can't wait for Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

TL;DR: just give me superhero-series and -movies until I die, because then I'll die a happy, happy person. kthnxbye.
    Last edited by Hardrockangel; 05-16-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm more Marvel inclined than DC but I still enjoy the DC shows/movies. I was introduced to Spiderman back when it was Tobey and I just fell in love with it. Marvel characters I feel like I can connect more because while they have their strengths, they still have their human faults and issues. DC on the other hand...I was only introduced to Batman and Superman and neither really..."did it" for me. I mean, I enjoyed some of the earlier Batman movies (My favorite being Batman Forever *JIM CARREY AND TOMMY LEE JONES. COME. ON.* You can't NOT like that duo). Though the recent Batman movies were pretty great. But I still can't relate like I can with Marvel characters. I can't explain it.

MOVING ON. First comic tv series I watched was Smallville. It was pretty enjoyable and I didn't really consider it "Superman" at the time. I enjoy "Arrow" because...-sigh- i just like archer heroes, that's pretty much it. Same with Hawkeye. Absolutely love him because he kicks ass with a bow and arrow. Also he's kinda cute. -cough-

I'm really sad Constantine is cancelled. It wasn't spectacular but in its defense, neither was Supernatural in its first season and now it's, what? Season 10? I think NBC expected it to be this mega-ultra-orgasm inducing hit and got mad when that didn't happen and decided to take their ball and go home.

Daredevil isn't really...holding my interest. It caught my eye and I was excited, but after a few episodes, I am just "meh".

With the Marvel movies, I prefer Disney-Marvel over Sony-Marvel. Ever since Sony wanted their way or the highway for Spiderman 3: The atrocity, they've been...kinda sucky. The Amazing Spiderman was too much of a try-hard in appealing to younger audiences with pretty boy Parker and then SO MUCH PRODUCT PLACEMENT HOLY BALLS. It was so obvious and so bad. I didn't bother with the second movie and I'm not going to bother with the new Fantastic Fail. 20th Century Fox, you just need to stop. Okay? Just...stop. Reboots don't need to happen within the same time period of adolescence.

The funny thing about Disney/Marvel and Sony/Fox-Marvel is that the Disney/Marvel series, I wasn't all that thrilled about any of them. Then my friend was like "Hey, go see the Avengers" and I was like "ugh, fine". Then I was like "Holy shit that was amazing." So, I watched ALL of the previous superhero movies aside from Captain America: Winter Soldier (which I'm still trying to bum a copy from my boss). The Sony/Fox films I was kinda excited until I sat through them then regretted it. Now I look forward to the entire Disney Marvel series because I absolutely love what they're doing with it. It's so brilliant and I will probably buy all of the movies and have them lined up in order.

Also, let's not forget about DEADPOOL <3
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    @Hardrockangel: Still gotta watch Constantine and yes Daredevil is great. I thought they did a good job in terms of character development etc. :0

@Damian: Oh no! I didn't realize Constantine got canceled, that's too bad! :C I agree with you so much on the Disney vs Sony thing. I was unsure of Disney at first but I clearly warmed up to it and Sony has just kinda lost me with the reboots. Sad thing is, Amazing Spiderman 1 was pretty good but the second was not that good except for Jamie Foxx as Electro.

I just can't believe they're rebooting Spiderman AGAIN and I have absolutely no interest in seeing the new Fantastic Four, looks like they're going a bit too serious with it. :/

Oh man, i'm super excited for Deadpool especially after this video:

Yeah, when it comes to that new Spiderman-movie ... I get that they want to incorporate him in The Avengers. I get it, it's canon.
    BUT. Considering the fact they've been feeding us the "Every Marvel release is planned way in advance and we can't make room for a Black Widow-movie, soz!" and now they're shoving Spiderman in inbetween? Consider me somewhat peeved.

If they want to include Spiderman, either keep the previous films as part of the canon, keep Andrew Garfield and work from there orrrrr.... Give us Miles Morales, damnit. Poor Peter Parker just can't seem to get out of highschool, man. :C

Weasyl
    N/A
    I don't like Andrew Garfield so I don't care that he won't be in the movie. At least I don't like him as Peter. He's a funny Spiderman but...eugh, not Peter. I'm half/half on Miles. I like that they're trying to introduce an inter-racial character but he just seems too much like a Peter clone. Usually, Marvel is pretty good on character relations but reading a synopsis on Miles...eh.

If it's Marvel/Disney rebooting Spiderman...I'll let it slide. They haven't failed so far. If they scrap it and bring in Tobey I will cry in happiness but he's probably too old. I can dream though....
    Also they can just bring in another guy as Spiderman like they did with Hulk. I like the new Bruce Banner anyway. Though the Hulk movies weren't that Incredible tbh. Just...bleh.

You know who needs to be brought in to theaters? Static Shock. BOOM. Instant hit. THIS. NEEDS. TO. HAPPEN.

Weasyl
    N/A
    For what it's worth, I haven't read (much of) the comics either. I want to for various reasons (I just like graphic novels of any kind mostly). I have bought some comics but it was, of course, Deadpool because he's just worth it imo.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Honestly, the way I look at it, it doesn't make you less of a fan for being into just the movies. To be honest, I pick up compiled series here and there and it all depends.

I feel as though I lean more towards TV series and movies. Mainly because I grew up on Batman the Animated Series and man oh man the writing in that series was great. I prefer that series over all versions of Batman in the comics. :0

Weasyl
    N/A
    OMFG STATIC SHOCK ACTUALLY IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! I am literally using all of my willpower to not scream and wake my roommate but THIS IS THE BEST THING!! AAAAHHH

Weasyl
    N/A
    Does Gotham count? I'm all about that at the minute. Last superhero-ey show I watched was Daredevil and I LOVED IT. Best comic book based series I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    OMFG STATIC SHOCK ACTUALLY IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! I am literally using all of my willpower to not scream and wake my roommate but THIS IS THE BEST THING!! AAAAHHH
    Be productive and go back and binge watch the cartoon!