tips on bodies/arms/legs/feet/hands?

yea h specific title kind of wh atev er

im running on three hours of sleep so im gonna post this and then sleep

i have been feeling pretty bad about my art for like the past week. i feel inadequate and just bleh. idk everytime i have posted something on another site recently i have lost watchers??? its not helping me feel any better lol but whatever
    anyway im tired and ranting and am probably going to delete this small rant once i wake up and realize its a dumb thing to rant about.

so like, aside from looking @ a photo and trying to copy it, does anyone have any tricks they use for getting arms/legs or hands/feet to look "right"?
    and bodies too. just like the general body type. i have trouble getting the curves of the back and sides down. any tips?

sorry if this is really general or smth idk im tired. i also want to change my style but eh
    [incoherent screeching]

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    What parts are your struggling with? Like I can give you some basic anatomy tips if that will help? However if you could be more descriptive on what you might need help with, then that would be helpful. These are what I have found helpful, and anatomy is the most common mistake. I might also recommend showing examples of your work, with comments to what you feel might not be right if you can.

For general shapes and things, honestly drawn tutorials and photo's are your best bet. Baring in mind that people can vary with shape due to body types. So yeah... That just honestly comes with observation and practise.

So here are some general tips, and then if you have questions then please do fire away:

1. I split the body into roughly 1/3rds this is for the torso, upper legs, then lower legs. Since the heal of your foot would touch your bum if you kneeled down. Then if you lifted your legs your knee should be able to touch your collar bone.

2. The write should be the bottom of the crotch if the arm was straight down, the elbow is roughly mid torso.

3. Your foot is as long as your fore-arm. There are a lot of little things about your body that is the same size of other parts of your bodies. These are worth working out. So you can try and keep things in touch with each other.

Hands and feet are honestly witch craft and something a lot of artists struggle with. This is why you can see a lot of pieces of artist doing studies of just hands and feet in different poses to try and practise and focus on them on there own. Hands can be broken up into sections a little more to try and help you grasp the basics. However some of these are less helpful when you try and pose them.

I am sorry this is not super helpful. Just honestly I split things up like this to do it myself, and the rest kind of came with practise.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach

Weasyl
    Ikar
    Draw your hands and feet in sketchbook everyday for 2-4 weeks. Until it get boring. It really helped me: http://drangir.deviantart.com/art/Nvidia-416089209 while it's relatively old work.

Weasyl
    Getta
    In addition to the great advice above, remember to study from life. Practice drawing realistic anatomy from humans and animals.

Sure, you may want to be drawing cartoony anthros with heavily stylized anatomy, but learning how to draw from life first and foremost makes it easier to draw the stylized stuff and have it look right.

Weasyl
    OhSynapse
    Last edited by OhSynapse; 08-06-2015 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Adding another thing