Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Viciviser
    My oh my, been kinda busy so I do apologize to you Talix for my slow response.

Quote Originally Posted by Talix View Post
    Are you following a Pathfinder or another specific system for the RP, or are actions completely for you to decide? I'm perfectly fine with the latter.
    It will be story-based: actions and reactions. No other system in place. Mainly, a person cannot decide if blows land or anything like that. I control the monsters so attacks will be in the form of attempts and I'll decide how much damage is taken, glances, or if it even strikes at all. I've been known to be a very fair RPer. I promise to take everything about your characters into account as they traverse Eliizer's world.
    Vice versa, I won't usually say monster strikes hit or terrible things automatically befall your character. There are exceptions of course, but general combat is a trade between us on how we see the story unfolding when involving our characters in such an environment.
    For in-depth combat the RPers involved in the battle might need to Skype me to get the turns in quickly and we can just post the events here later.

If you could give a rough estimate, when do you think we're gonna start this up? Or are you waiting for more slots to fill?
    Rough estimate, I'd like to get this started mid-June. I'd prefer to get all the slots filled, but if it takes too long I can make some NPCs to fill the gaps so we can get this story rolling. You guys let me know where your patience levels are at. Damian said he'd like to participate so that is one person we are waiting on.

And lastly, how will we be playing this out? Through this thread, Skype, or something else?
    This thread. Although, I'll probably change this one to be the RP discussion and make a new thread just for the RP in-character posts.
    As I mentioned with the first answer, I'll do Skype now and again if there is a lot of actions or dialogue which we'd need to get through quickly so as not to bog down our progress.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully, Talix and Eliizer get along well. c:
    I hope so too! I've still yet to really get Eliizer's personality down and that's one of the reasons I'm doing this RP. He's definitely eccentric and energetic, even seeming happy or exuberant, and yet he is very closed off and hard to gauge.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 06-07-2015 at 05:01 AM.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    No worries man, I understand.

It will be story-based: actions and reactions. No other system in place. Mainly, a person cannot decide if blows land or anything like that. I control the monsters so attacks will be in the form of attempts and I'll decide how much damage is taken, glances, or if it even strikes at all. I've been known to be a very fair RPer. I promise to take everything about your characters into account as they traverse Eliizer's world.
    Vice versa, I won't usually say monster strikes hit or terrible things automatically befall your character. There are exceptions of course, but general combat is a trade between us on how we see the story unfolding when involving our characters in such an environment.
    For in-depth combat the RPers involved in the battle might need to Skype me to get the turns in quickly and we can just post the events here later.
    Sounds good to me. I shall do my part on making reasonable actions.

Rough estimate, I'd like to get this started mid-June. I'd prefer to get all the slots filled, but if it takes too long I can make some NPCs to fill the gaps so we can get this story rolling. You guys let me know where your patience levels are at. Damian said he'd like to participate so that is one person we are waiting on.
    Awesome, I should be fairly well available. Then I shall check in often for when we're ready to start and any other updates until then.

This thread. Although, I'll probably change this one to be the RP discussion and make a new thread just for the RP in-character posts.
    As I mentioned with the first answer, I'll do Skype now and again if there is a lot of actions or dialogue which we'd need to get through quickly so as not to bog down our progress.
    Understood, sounds like a solid plan. Should Skype our course of action, I'll gladly PM you my username.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    I have two birthday parties to go to this weekend. Once I'm back I should be able to get this started up. A bit closer to the end of June than I wanted, but oh well.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    No problem dude. Take your time, and have fun at the parties!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Okay okay okay... So my laptop died on me when I got back home, and more recently I went on a family trip out to Cincinnati. I'm finally back but still no new laptop yet. For now I'll be using my fiance's computer to get things done.

That being said I'll try to start up the RP within the next few days. Possibly even today but I need to talk with Damien and get his character squared away. I also need to get my brain in order to have a decent opening. If anyone feels they waited too long no hard feelings if you can't participate now. I know I disappeared for a bit. I apologize for not notifying people better.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Alright, I decided to start the RP thread! Official RP Thread
    It is fine if any others still want to join in as I still need some magic-users and knowledgeable types.

The "big guy" strong/fast role is covered by Krebbic

The nimble strategist role is covered by Damien's character (haven't got a name yet)

And Talix is going to be extra muscle and support. If needed he will fit the Defensive Magic-user/Supernatural Being role

Where my scholars and mages at? We got the brawn so where's the brains?

This thread will still be used for any more sign ups, questions, and other out of character posts.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Due to some personal problems, I may not be around very often. However, I am available this week. I will do what I can.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Ah, also, I wasn't sure, is it alright to be in third person, or do you prefer others to be in first person?
    I just realized, I sort of just locked into third. Again, I can edit my post if need be lol

EDIT: Just realized that third person helps explain my character's physical appearance for when meeting them for the first time. Wouldn't sound right for my character to think to himself describing what he looks like right? Hahah. -3-
    So I'm guessing to leave my initial post in third, and then continue on the RP in first.
    Sorry, a bit excited and nervous is all.
    Last edited by Talix; 08-11-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Hah, it's okay Talix. No worries. Glad you're excited about it. The whole RP is in third person perspective for everyone. I like doing first-person perspective with some RPs, but this one is not.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Okay so... Jaredthefox92 doesn't seem to be around. I have sent him messages and was waiting on him for more interaction at the bar, but I'm not going to give much more time. I'll be moving the group tonight.

Jared, you can still participate of course. I just can't hold things up much longer on moving the plot.