Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Weasyl
    Viciviser
    I rolled some D20s for fairness. if you see a number in parenthesis it is what I rolled for that character, combatant, or effect. If it is one pitted against another one gets a strike in or what they are trying to accomplish happens simply by rolling higher than the enemy. If it is trying to recover, react, and so on then it'll need to beat 10 or 15 depending on how hard the action is. I won't always let people know what their rolls are. But in this instance I'll show what it's like to see all the numbers play out.

Important to note

Rolling low: Anything (5) or below has some chance of causing extra errors or damage taken on the part of the one rolling that low.
    Recovery: At times, by taking heavy damage, recoiling, being countered, needing to react to spell effects, or trying to overcome anything ailing a player recovery rolls are made. Only one per round usually unless the player has not taken actions then 2 can be made. One at start of player's turn and one at end of player's turn.
    Reactions: Reflexes, Dodging, Movement, Countering - I let players' characters react naturally if I feel they are able to. If I roll for these then that means your character had time to react but only just enough to dodge or jump away. Meaning there is no chance for counters or other actions on your part so it will happen without me waiting for your response. If I ever have a character react inappropriately though, please let me know. By telling me intents such as "Talix is blocking with shield" "Krebbic is not attacking directly and will only counter" or "Mei has gone wild and attacks with abandon" that will change natural reactionary effects during combat.
    Magic: Spontaneous casters, such as Mei and Quintin can cause magical effects quickly enough to keep enemies from reacting. Instances where it is easily directed damage there is no roll for it striking opponents. To balance this instead of reactions the enemies get Recovery rolls for reducing the damage taken from the spell and to have a chance of resisting other possible effects. Sometimes two rolls depending on what is doing the damaging and what other effects there are.
    Hero Points: From the beginning of the story we get 3 hero points per round of combat for the group (not 3 each). These points allow me to reroll any player's roll for anything if it was low enough in a bad situation. Also, it can allow me to reroll both a player's and enemy's roll if they are in direct combat and the enemy rolled too high and I think it'll be too tough to beat on the reroll. If you decide to do a very badly chosen action in combat I might not let you use up a hero point and it can be an automatic fail (no roll anyway).
    Hero points can also apply outside of combat to change outcomes of certain decisions but I doubt I'll say when I use those. They replenish by the hour outside of combat so all I can say is don't do too many dumb/overly dangerous things in a short amount of time.

I'm removing the dice roll content from the first round and placing it here so it won't gum up the story.

1st round Start
    Enemies:
    Scorpion A - Watching all of combat in front of Talix and Krebbic (about 10 feet away)
    Scorpion B - Goes to attack Talix.
    Scorpion C, D, E - Rushes past to attack Mei. C at lead. D and E close behind.

Scorpion a - Jump attacking Krebbic from front.
    Scorpion b - Jump attacking Krebbic from his left to flank.
    Scorpion c - Jump attacking Krebbic from his right to flank.

Contingent on ceiling:
    Scorpion F, G, H - gauging Eliizer. Taunted to chase Eliizer.

BEGIN

Talix defense (14) vs scorpion b (12)
    Scorp. b is blocked and jumps back (14) Had to beat 10 for adequate acrobatic landing and maneuver.
    Talix made a taunting move (7) but it fails to distract scorpion b to focus on him (18)

Talix defense (9) (16) vs. Scorpion B's pincer and stinger (8) (1).
    Talix is able to preform shield bash (7) due to low roll opening.
    Concussive force is enough to push the larger scorpion back but does no real damage.

Scorpion b jump attack toward Krebbic (4) vs. Talix's defense (10).
    Scorpion b is blocked again!

Scorpion a's jump attack (12) vs. Krebbic's counterpunch (16)
    Force of punch knocks scorpion [a] back
    (20) for acrobatic recovery and maneuver.
    Scorpion a's jump attack at Krebbic's legs (7) vs. Krebbic's reaction (19)
    Krebbic flings right leg up and out of its path.
    Scorpion [a] makes last attempt with stinger since it landed nearby. No roll yet.

Mei's freezing elemental strike (19) vs. Scorpion c which is unable to block or dodge the missile.
    Scorpion c makes its only recovery attempt. Right now must beat (18). Only rolled (6)

Mei's scythes (10) (14) vs. Scorpion D's pincers countering (17) (10)
    One scythe glances but the other gets through. (10)
    Scorpion D's armor (9)
    Minor damage to tail but not enough to disable.
    Scorpion D makes attempt to catch scythe it blocked (9) vs. Mei's movement (12)
    D fails.

Quintin (Koit's) freezing rain (19) vs. Scorpions C, D, and E. They cling close to ground not knowing what is happening.
    19 gives full damage and effect. All three frozen in place and will take armor and internal damage if low on recovery rolls.
    Scorpion C (5) low recover. Full damage and ice hold effect.
    Scorpion D (20) perfect recover! Breaks free and takes no damage!
    Scorpion E (13) mid recover. Less damage. Ice hold slightly compromised.
    Koit preforms ice slash (16 for damage) vs. helpless Scorpion C.
    Scorpion C is destroyed!

Quintin attempts recovery (6). (10) or greater is needed.
    No recovery. Failed once = Labored breathing and weakened.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Eliizer utilizes grappling sword, all three shots: smaller left blade (8), middle main blade (14), smaller right blade (9)
    vs. Scorpion G (17) (10). Can't block 3rd blade.
    G catches a smaller blade and tries to pull against Eliizer. The other two blades struck into its compromised armor, piercing and anchoring. Eliizer twisted the haft and handle of his blade and the metal cords tightened. He grabbed one side of the handle and spun it as quickly as possible causing them to twist around one another. While the scorpion had been pulling against he didn't even fight its jerk as he was lurched forward toward it. He landed upright and on his feet (8 only needed 5 since not resisting) and dropped down low to make a run. He darted past, away from the second scorpion so he wouldn't be flanked. The scorpion was caught off-guard by his unusual actions (3) and he whipped the chords under its body as he ran past it. They tripped up the legs before it had a chance to anchor to the ground (19 Elii vs 7 scorpion). It was flipped onto its back and he forcefully reengaged his blade's retraction with another whipping motion. ((16) (12) for anchored blades) ((17) vs (11) for one scorpion was grasping). He freed them all successfully and went to strike at its exposed underside before it could flip over. (9 Elii vs 8 scorpion!) He pierced through, finding his mark to its inner workings. (13 for damage needed above 10 to destroy on direct strike like this one). The flailing automaton sputtered and went lifeless.

Scorpion H pincer (5) vs. Eliizer's reflexes (9)
    Eliizer jumps away and squares off versus H.

(Anyone who would like to set up an in-depth combo of attacks and maneuvers such as what Eliizer just did please PM me and we can work it out over Skype or PMs even if needed)

These have been some awesome rolls for us guys! I was shocked at the four 19s for us! The scorpions had some good rolls but on little that was majorly important oddly enough. I had three rerolls I term as hero points for dire combat maneuvers that failed. I did have to use all three of them, but once we had run out no rerolls necessary after that! We did so well!

Eliizer did a lot of combat just now so don't worry about the remaining scorpion H or what had taken place beyond seeing the start of him facing off. Just focus on what else is coming your way! Eliizer's combat will resolve next post but I wanted to get all of his in this one to avoid his idea being interrupted.

- - - Updated - - -

2nd round Start
    Enemies:
    Scorpion A - Watching all of combat in front of Talix and Krebbic (about 10 feet away)
    Scorpion B - In combat with Talix. No damage taken.
    Scorpion C - Frozen by Koit. Slashed and "killed" by Koit via Quintin.
    Scorpion D - Attacking Quintin but being blocked by Mei.
    Scorpion E - Frozen by Koit. Immobile and slightly damaged from frost. Struggling to get free.

Scorpion a - Striking at Krebbic with stinger while Krebbic attempts to dodge.
    Scorpion b - Repeatedly blocked by Talix but still trying to get by to get at Krebbic.
    Scorpion c - Had been jumping at Krebbic. Now frozen until immobile and almost "dead" from Mei's ice elemental attack.

Contigent after Eliizer:
    Scorpion F - "Killed" Crushed in rubble from column Eliizer destroyed.
    Scorpion G - Compromised by acid. "Killed" by Eliizer's successful combo.
    Scorpion H - In combat with Eliizer. Minor acid damage taken.

Allies: No one has taken damage yet!
    Talix - Blocking Scorpions B and [b] with shield while moving toward statue. Only 5 feet left. Shield is holding but taken hard hits.
    Krebbic - Following Talix slowly and attempting to dodge Scorpion a's stinger.

25 feet almost directly behind them

Mei - Defending Quintin from Scorpion D's stinger attack by bracing two sickles against it.
    Quintin - Temporarily incapacitated from hasty use of Koit. Still attempting to recover.

15 feet diagonally to the right and behind them

Eliizer - squares off against Scorpion H. The last of the three he distracted from the group.

30 feet across from Eliizer and about 23 feet behind the others

(Being ghosted by me)
    Antara - Guaging combat and watching out for Rashid. Has spells ready but has been impressed with how well everyone has been handling combat. He looks for the perfect moment to help end this battle if need be.
    Rashid - Behind left column near where they had entered. Peeks out now and again to make sure nothing is coming after him. Scimitar in hand but not wielded.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 03-31-2016 at 06:20 AM.

Weasyl
    admirallupine

Weasyl
    Viciviser

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    I don't know why it's so hard for me to log onto the forums and get back to this RP!

Don't worry guys. My computer is not crashing anymore (yes that was a problem for a while. Couldn't be on the computer for more than an hour or two without it going blue screen of death) and I'm going to do everything in my power to keep Weasyl forums in an open tab so I can frequent here.

Expect a post in NSU Saturday. Most likely the evening.

EDIT: Didn't get the time in like I thought since the DM changed our D20 Pokemon game time.
    Hopefully I'll have a chance to work on it Sunday.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 05-22-2016 at 04:17 AM.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    It's alright! ><
    Though, might want to let Jed and Mei know as well!

Weasyl
    N/A
    What a lame-o!!! <3 Jk, its ok. I've been super drugged on painkillers lately so my posts would have been rather lackluster. I'm off of them now though, OTC pain meds work finally. Can't wait to see the post!