Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Viciviser

Sign-ups: No Stone Unturned

I have a character named Eliizer [pronounced el-ee-ee-zer]. I've not RPed with him or developed him very much but he has a wonderful story floating around in my head which has yet to solidify. Help me get some of it out of my brain by RPing a slice of his life with me!

Some guidelines:
    1. Don't metagame (i.e. your character's knowledge does not equal your own. If you know something you character did not witness or learn him/herself then they cannot suddenly know it too.)
    2. Please don't post only a sentence or two for your part. Think of ways to interact or extend the story as best as you can. Conversations might be a back and forth but you can describe thoughts, emotions, mannerisms, and observations of your character to add more. That being said... there is no real minimum. Just give others something to work with.
    3. Respect that I'm running the story elements so if I ask you to change your post in a reasonable way don't sass me okay? I treat everyone with courtesy and I think things through. Try to return the favor.
    4. You god-mode (meaning: your character can do anything, never gets hurt, bests any opponent, etc.) and I will play my "god of this world" card. At first I'll ask you to change it as seen above. But if you ignore me I'll redo your post for you if I have to. Be certain it won't end well for your character...

(Whew! Now those are out of the way...)

Introduction:
    Eliizer is more than a drifter. He's more than a thief. He's even more than a treasure hunter. But he is less than a hero. It's uncanny the things he has unearthed and the "riches" he has obtained. But he doesn't have much of a story because he almost always works alone, and he works as much for himself as he does for artifact collectors and seekers of knowledge. So few hear his tales since he barely talks about his exploits and even fewer have witnessed his delving. It's rare anyone has traveled with him until now.

Eliizer is at a popular tavern in a large commerce city. He's posted that he needs help from adventurers and that it pays well for those willing to risk their lives. He needs the following:
    • An offensive magic user or supernatural being
    • A defensive magic user or supernatural being
    • A warrior strong as an ox but also quick on his/her feet (must be large!)
    • A warrior skilled at strategy and being nimble. Climbing and jumping ability is a plus.
    • A linguist well-versed in the area's ancient languages
    • Someone who can communicate with monsters by any means

Once he has this crew together our story can begin!

(Other than the characters fitting the basic request, I am looking for anyone really. This will be a test to see what kind of RPers we have willing to just jump in.
    -Races: Any race or creature
    However, if a Pokemon/Digimon/Video Game/Anime/Whatever character he/she/it will not be from their world. They will be from Eliizer's and if I ever do reference your character in his written stories they will be adapted to fit his world. So no references to Poke/Digi world or Bowser's castle or characters from shows and other media. You can reference your original material of course; just not other worlds.
    -Setting: It will be (at the start) a generic high fantasy setting which means you have your mythical monsters (for example: dragons, trolls, minotaurs, Fae beings, and the list goes on.) I might throw in some of my own original creatures for fun.
    --Sword: All fighting styles are welcome. Limit your character though. I can help with that if needed. No masters of fighting style while still a teen or even young adult.
    --Sorcery: Magic is prevalent and people vary in skills whether from birth or from learning spells or having magic-imbued items. But it can't do anything and everything. Try to keep it limited and have its own system. Magic-users who bond to animals/monsters exist, but summoners who bring creatures from other planes do not exist. Spirits exist though and pacts with them can be made. Ask me if you want to use spirits. Teleportation, time manipulation, and so on cannot be done. There are artifacts which can do that, but they are usually part of a building or something way too large to carry on your person.
    --Machines: Next to none. But there are some powered by magic or crude forms like fire/coal/steam. No guns.)
    Last edited by Viciviser; 08-07-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Last edited by Viciviser; 05-15-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Okay, well I'm also available to host this on Skype. That'll change it from a post-by-post format to a chat room format. If that sounds better then I'm game.

Also, are people reading this or was my opening material a tl;dr situation? I tried to break it all up and bold or underline certain things to let people skim and get the gist of it all.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I read it and I'm interested. I just have no idea about a character since it's been a while since I've done something like this
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Oh, I'm glad. I got a little nervous with no feedback. I'd be glad for anyone else who has seen this and is interested to let me know.

Damian, would you like some help with making a character or do you just need time to compose one?

Weasyl
    jedthedragon
    I'd like to join in on this RP.

I'll be playing as Krebbic, a 7-foot, 300 lb crocodile/monitor lizard humanoid male. He has a light-green body with black arms and legs and tiny spots of orange scattered throughout, and he has a tan underbelly. Despite the composition of his body, Krebbic's constitution helps him run for surprisingly long periods of time without tiring out. Not only that, but he can lift objects up to twice his size, and he aims to keep pushing his limits.

Krebbic can be described as simple, but for various different reasons. When he was a child, his tribal elders tried teaching him various different techniques, so he could manipulate his opponents around the field and open them up for attack. Unfortunately, Krebbic failed to grasp the minutiae of what exact movements to make; that was too confusing for him. As Krebbic grew up and started getting into real fights, he did learn such facts as while some of his opponents may run faster and get in more hits, all Krebbic has to do is to keep them from running off, then just punch them right in the gut or the head; that and a few other things should be enough for them to stop fighting.

Not much else is known about him, because he doesn't care to talk much about himself. All he's doing is trying to live a simple life, and to make sure he doesn't make any enemies along the way.
    Last edited by feraldraco; 05-22-2015 at 08:36 PM.
    I'm ready for roleplaying anytime! Just send me a PM in the main Weasyl site!

My profile pic was brought to me by Pandactyle on Weasyl!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Welcome! Glad to have you aboard, Feraldraco/Krebbic! So that makes two to the party. I'm pleased.

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    Last edited by Talix; 06-06-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Oh! Oh! I missed this somehow. It's good to have you Talix! Nice work. I like what you have down for him.
    I happen to play Pathfinder with some of my friends too. I don't get to in person like I used to. Have to do it through Skype usually since I moved away from where they are.

Anyway, that's one step closer to our goal! I'm excited. Can't wait to see who else jumps in!

Weasyl
    admirallupine
    No problem! I have a few quick questions though:

Are you following a Pathfinder or another specific system for the RP, or are actions completely for you to decide? I'm perfectly fine with the latter.

If you could give a rough estimate, when do you think we're gonna start this up? Or are you waiting for more slots to fill?

And lastly, how will we be playing this out? Through this thread, Skype, or something else?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully, Talix and Eliizer get along well. c: