Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86
  1. #11
    Senior Vae's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the sky
    Gender
    Ludwig Von Koopa
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    you guys-es opinion on the matter.
    Opinion on what?
    What's there to have an opinion on, about this? It's just a gender.
    Resident Koopa Trash

  2. #12
    Senior Sparkyopteryx's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tyria
    Posts
    347
    Opinions regarding something like "I think there are mostly guys in this subculture" are hard to quantify and at best ancillary because in short, the above statement is your feeling on the subject at hand. Okay, you think there are far more males in the group as a whole? Alright, fine. If that is how you feel then that is how you feel, regardless of whether or not that is actually true. You cannot truly argue an opinion because opinions are not facts.

    Unless of course this is a tongue-in-cheek way of saying "prove me wrong."

  3. #13
    Senior Zeitzbach's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Not here, obv.
    Posts
    1,012
    Male mastergender.
    Obviously.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Retired Staff piņardilla's Avatar

    Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Gender
    Claims to be a porpoise.
    Posts
    1,287
    On the flip side, it seems like there's a markedly higher concentration of women in the artists of the fandom.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

  5. #15
    Senior Umbra_Exe's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    On the flip side, it seems like there's a markedly higher concentration of women in the artists of the fandom.
    I've especially noticed this with fursuit makers. Lots of female creators out there compared to males, from what I've seen.

  6. #16
    Heretic! FlynnCoyote's Avatar


    Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    248
    Because us males are too angry and destructive to be creative?
    * * *
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

  7. #17
    Senior Eagle GodHeart's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    East TN (for now)
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynnCoyote View Post
    Because us males are too angry and destructive to be creative?
    i dont think its that so much as they dont talk about it much (if they do it in the first place) and that through history its been women who are usually doing stuff like that so they think it "not manly enough" for them. but hey what do i know. but like i said thats just my opinion.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

    אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

    profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

  8. #18
    Senior Damian's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    amongst the clouds
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    i dont think its that so much as they dont talk about it much (if they do it in the first place) and that through history its been women who are usually doing stuff like that so they think it "not manly enough" for them. but hey what do i know. but like i said thats just my opinion.
    Michelangelo
    Da Vinci
    Dali
    Van Gogh
    Raphael
    Botticelli

    Are all i can think of at the top of my head. Not a single woman. Tell me again how women are known for it?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

  9. #19
    Senior Eagle GodHeart's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    East TN (for now)
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    489
    thats not what i was going for but you should know what i mean. normaly men arnt encouraged to get into the arts.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

    אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

    profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

  10. #20
    Senior Damian's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    amongst the clouds
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    thats not what i was going for but you should know what i mean. normaly men arnt encouraged to get into the arts.
    You really need to communicate your point better. No, men aren't pushed in to the arts but that doesn't mean men aren't known for it like you insinuate. Though art fields still have plenty of male dominance like graphic design. Learn what you're actually talking about before you post.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •