Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    I don't really take notice. Gender only matters if I want to be inside you :v
    With this comment alone, you made my day.
    Wonderful, simply wonderful.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Gender as a whole is more of a mentality thing while sex is something physical. I mean sex wise I am female, but in terms of gender I identify as agender/genderless.

Overall gender and sex are traits to a person and while our traits are important, other's can determine what traits are important to them. In terms of "furrys" or "anthros" I enjoy the artwork that goes through the fandom which is why I hopped along, I never really thought of the overall abundance of men or women to be honest. XD

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    I don't really take notice. Gender only matters if I want to be inside you :v.
    XD
    Your avatar goes well with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    thats not what i was going for but you should know what i mean. normaly men arnt encouraged to get into the arts.
    I mean ... all throughout history, women have been heavily discouraged to get into the arts. Which means that currently, museums are full of masterpieces by male artists, whereas female artists couldn't study anatomy or nudes because it was deemed ~*sinful*~.

Not that this is still the case, but it's never really been considered a "female and therefore lesser"-field, from what I've read.

EDIT: Whelp, I'm late with this. Oh well.
    Last edited by Hardrockangel; 05-09-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    I mean ... all throughout history, women have been heavily discouraged to get into the arts. Which means that currently, museums are full of masterpieces by male artists, whereas female artists couldn't study anatomy or nudes because it was deemed ~*sinful*~.

Not that this is still the case, but it's never really been considered a "female and therefore lesser"-field, from what I've read.

EDIT: Whelp, I'm late with this. Oh well.
    Fun fact: Back then, it was illegal for women to be actors so the female characters in theater were all played by men, heheheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Fun fact: Back then, it was illegal for women to be actors so the female characters in theater were all played by men, heheheh.
    Ah yes. That sure makes reading Shakespeare even better, heh.
    And it's not just a thing from the olden times, even the Brönte-sisters had to write under a male penname to get published.

If anything, this feeling that here are an overwhelming amount of female artists, is because it is not until recently that we were actually allowed to be interested in the arts beyond needlepoint.
    Last edited by Hardrockangel; 05-09-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Which kinda bothers me when some women say to this older coworker of mine "oh you're a man. You don't know how to art." when in fact he's an amazing landscape artist. Where the hell did it come from that men don't art when probably no one can name a female artist that's not Georgia o'keeffe?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Which kinda bothers me when some women say to this older coworker of mine "oh you're a man. You don't know how to art." when in fact he's an amazing landscape artist. Where the hell did it come from that men don't art when probably no one can name a female artist that's not Georgia o'keeffe?
    That *is* odd given that most of art history has been dominated by men for reasons that Hardrock gave. They never heard of DaVinci? Van Gogh? Surely they were around for Andy Warhol? Ignorant ladies to be sure. Which is more sad than anything given they work at a Hobby Lobby, no?

Weasyl
    N/A
    No it was people just coming in to get their art framed.

Art by Thomas Kincade most of the time. Everyone who works there knows coworker is amazing. He brings his work in all the time
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    Hobby Lobby
    I found your problem right there. *snark snark*