Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    In my opinion, Timon and Pumba broke all the Lion King's immersion for me. Lion King would have been such a beautiful Shakespearian adaptation as a cartoon... but Disney just had to add Timon and Bumba and their plebeian comic relief...
    Grinds my gears every single time...
    The only good thing about Timon and Pumba is that sometimes they are seen as gay parents for Simba. Yay Diversity!:V(I do hate them though as they ruin the more epic feel of the picture. But it's also very hard for me to not see Jonathan Taylor Thomas when Little Simba talks soooo it's not perfect in any way).

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    The running theory is that Zira killed his original kid that was supposed to be his son. Something-something other lionesses preferred Scar for some unknown reason and they either joined Zira or were banished or both.
    I adhere to the idea that Simba killed Scar's kid because he only wanted his offspring in his harem. (I wouldn't have actually cared if Kovu was Scar's son because who did they think Nala's dad was? No other lion dads were around except Mufasa...)

Weasyl
    N/A
    Has everyone forgotten Hakuna Matata? For SHAME.

I think the growth rate has finally hit a brick wall too. The explosion of 2004-2009 is long past, and the rate of people coming in has slowed to the point where the rate of people dropping out has started to catch up with it.

I suspect that MLP and Homestuck are sweeping up a lot of the new kids that otherwise would have wound up in furry.

Weasyl
    OhSynapse
    Last edited by OhSynapse; 08-06-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSynapse View Post
    Uh... just curious from an outside perspective, but if you're a member of that fandom then why would you be wanting furries in plays because it'd be 'funny' or posting demotivationals against it as a reference? You could always... crop it?
    You can acknowledge attributes you dislike about something, while still liking or identifying with it.
    You can poke fun at something, while still liking or identifying with it.

Personally, I feel it's better to be able to laugh at yourself and the things that you enjoy, rather than just being averse to any and all clashing views.
    To not take them that seriously.

Not only are you able to enjoy more things without having your mood soured, you're also not letting other people sour your mood with the negativity that will find a way to crop up, regardless of what you do. (Especially in something like furry, where it has a big negative reputation, sometimes for good reason.)

It's just less stressful that way, and it opens you up to thinking more objectively, instead of just kneejerking at every opposing view because you've invested yourself way too hard in something.
    Last edited by Vae; 08-06-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    What you are talking about Vae is pure unadulterated blasphemy. How dare you question the sanctity of hugboxes?
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    OhSynapse
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    You can acknowledge attributes you dislike about something, while still liking or identifying with it.
    You can poke fun at something, while still liking or identifying with it.

Personally, I feel it's better to be able to laugh at yourself and the things that you enjoy, rather than just being averse to any and all clashing views.
    To not take them that seriously.

Not only are you able to enjoy more things without having your mood soured, you're also not letting other people sour your mood with the negativity that will find a way to crop up, regardless of what you do. (Especially in something like furry, where it has a big negative reputation, sometimes for good reason.)

It's just less stressful that way, and it opens you up to thinking more objectively, instead of just kneejerking at every opposing view because you've invested yourself way too hard in something.
    I wasn't really wondering why people in general were doing it, just a little surprised OP did it because from what I've seen on the forums he's a bit oversensitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    What you are talking about Vae is pure unadulterated blasphemy. How dare you question the sanctity of hugboxes?
    hey u betr stop my dad works @ the hugbox faktory ur gunna git band!!1!!
    Last edited by OhSynapse; 08-06-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    I highly doubt that's true...expanding or not it will continue to exist and people will continue to like it. After all what is it besides people who like cartoon animals, that never really stops.
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    If you mean expanding to new media? I doubt it. The furry fandom itself has always had its domain over the internet. Cons/meetups being an exception. As for the community itself, I see no difference. But there are always more members because the fandom is slowly more accepted on mainstream media (spare for companies who profit off scaring the naive). Just because a fandom gets more members over time doesn't mean they are always vocal about it. Most perhaps just lurk for images.

I've been in the fandom for about ten years now, and I've seen it grow slowly, but surely. It's still growing, but it's going slowly, and that's fine if you ask me. I see new people all the time, and I see some new artists just starting out here and there, and even a few fursuiters. They're not all that well known yet, and maybe they never will be, but they're there, and you know, that's also fine with me.

Some years, it's a bit slower than the other, but I'd say the fandom is still expanding. We don't need to have a huge influx of amazing artists, new people, and fursuiters every week. As long as there are new people, artists, and fursuiters, there's bound to be some popular ones turning up sooner or later. It's just how the fandom is. We're slowly becoming more accepted in the mainstream and that's progress and a way of expanding too. It's not a whole lot, but again, we don't need to be rapidly expanding at all times. The fandom is still expanding, even if it's a bit slow.