Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    No I'm pretty sure it's still getting bigger. As far as the kemonomimis thing goes...I don't know. I've been hanging around for over 8 years now, I think I can safely say that trends come and go. I haven't even noticed it myself, but then I barely pay attention these days.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Damn, you old :v
    Hush, I'm still in my 20s for now. ;~;
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    In terms of kemonomimis, I was kinda obsessed with them when I was younger but I kinda fizzled out of it and try to involve more the character's features to be monstrous. But when I was into all of that I didn't really associate myself with the furry/anthro fandom. So i'm not sure if you could really describe kemonomimis popping up as growth unless they're actively doing stuff on "fur" based sites. :0

Weasyl
    N/A
    Depends where you are in the world I guess. I've never met a furry in real life. The online presence seems about the same as always to me.

Just a thought, the increased number of people at conventions could just be the teenaged internet-bound furries growing up and getting the money to go.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    well its still expanding for shure. me i joined it (well oficially that is) last month.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

If you look at forum activity there are a lot of new people around all the time. What I've notices is the numbers are increasing. You'll still have older ones moving on. Or not posting as often. This is over a good hand full of furry forums. Not just this one. Not counting forums like Anthrocon because they are seasonal and get heavier traffic towards and slightly after a con.

Most cons are getting larger. With new cons popping up each year. So the economical base of the fandom is growing. Someone would have to contact quite a few venders and artists to see if this has impacted they're sales. You can follow the attendance growth at the link listed below.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Template:Upcoming_events

Most cons are really good at updating and posting attendance numbers.

The music scene is also growing within the fandom.

All in all I think we're growing. And not loosing what we are in the process. Still don't see 50 different Robbin Hoods or Simbas. A furry con is still a celebration of individual creativity.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    There's still plenty of originality and creativity, but I'm definitely noticing fursona "fashion trends" come and go now.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Well I think convention numbers are probably best way to see if a fandom is growing. As in actual attendees. It's just that signups on web sites can have people on multiple accounts, bots, and inactive users that have abandoned. If a fandom is hardcore people attend conventions to share it.

So I think if you're gonna ask that question, should see what starting point you're basing it from in terms of numbers.

For notoriety, mention in regular media might be a good indicator as well.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Quote Originally Posted by Cause the Rat View Post
    If you look at forum activity there are a lot of new people around all the time. What I've notices is the numbers are increasing. You'll still have older ones moving on. Or not posting as often. This is over a good hand full of furry forums. Not just this one. Not counting forums like Anthrocon because they are seasonal and get heavier traffic towards and slightly after a con.

Most cons are getting larger. With new cons popping up each year. So the economical base of the fandom is growing. Someone would have to contact quite a few venders and artists to see if this has impacted they're sales. You can follow the attendance growth at the link listed below.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Template:Upcoming_events

Most cons are really good at updating and posting attendance numbers.

The music scene is also growing within the fandom.

All in all I think we're growing. And not loosing what we are in the process. Still don't see 50 different Robbin Hoods or Simbas. A furry con is still a celebration of individual creativity.
    huh. i never knew the fandom had music. i mean yeah 3D gaming stuff, cosplay, art, etc. but i dont know how music would fit into the equation.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I honestly haven't noticed a change one way or the other(I also haven't really involved myself with the fandom much, so take my opinion with a grain of salt).
    -Insert inspirational quote here-