Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The 'Quote' Boat!

Weasyl
    N/A

The 'Quote' Boat!

(Excuse the half-assed rhyme, I tried!)

I've always found quotes to be great at expressing yourself and sending certain thoughts across to people. Figured why not have a haven filled with ones which make all sorts of emotions stir? Doesn't necessarily have to be your favourite, any will do!

I'll start with a few:

Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” - Rumi

"In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety." - Abraham Maslow

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." - Randy Pausch

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind. -Bruce Lee

It's not a toomah! (at all) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    "It's better to regret the things you have done, than to regret the things you haven't done." – Butthole Surfers
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule — and both commonly succeed, and are right. - H. L. Mencken

Weasyl
    Vae
    "Your argument rides this point harder than a hooker rides dick."
    – me, fighting with someone on the internet
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    "You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet just because it has a fancy name strapped to it"
    - Adolf Hitler, upon curing cancer.

On a serious note now, prepare for the quote machine:

"What can a soldier do who charges when out of breath?"
    - Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war."
    - Homer

"The blade itself incites to violence"
    - Homer

"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."
    - Baron Thomas Babington Macaulay, British poet, historian, and MP

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch."
    - Benjamin Franklin, US statesman, author, and scientist

and one of my favourite:

"Liberty, too, must be limited in order to be possessed."
    - Edmund Burke, British author, philosopher, and political theorist

"Remorse is the echo of a lost virtue."
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Weasyl
    N/A
    Oh gosh, some really nice ones here. Love that quote by Bruce Lee, Antumbra~ (LOL Vae! Insta win)

--

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." –Albert Einstein

"Everyone wants to be the sun to lighten up everyone’s life, but why not be the moon, to brighten in the darkest hour." - Anon

"How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great." -Bill Bennot

"Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain". —Vivian Greene

"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." -Anon

(Keepin' eyes peeled for sources of the 2 anon quotes. If anyone knows, plz tell me! :3)

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    "Tell me, Atlas. What is heavier: The world or its people’s hearts? " — DARSHANA S (Always thought this was an interesting one to think about.)

Weasyl
    N/A
    "There are no rules, just tools" - Glenn Vilppu

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    "King Alexander, every man can only posses as much of the earth's surface as this we are standing on. You are but human, like the rest of us, save that you are always busy and up to no good, traveling so many miles from your home, a nuisance to yourself and to others. Ah well! You will soon be dead and then you will own just as much of this earth as will suffice to bury you." -The Life of Alexander the Great, Arrian

"Tomorrow is the only thing that comes to you even if you don't do anything. Everything else in life has to be fought for, so got out there and get what you want." Pokemon X

"There is a secret joy that writers occasionally admit to each other, that inflicting tragedy on characters is really fun. Sometimes, a writer will grow too attached to their characters to have anything sad or bad happen to 'em, but that's just boring. Mental and physical torture is what makes characters real people! Just like us." Jack, Creator of Chimneyspeak

"With enough courage, you can do without a reputation." Rhett Butler, Gone with the Wind

However, I'm more of a fan of funny quotes:

"You'll never forget because Youtube won't let you." Retsupurea

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called 'life'." MST3k

"There's a natural order to things and this violates it." -Shin-Chan

"Those stuffed animals horrify and repel me." -Lothaire
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles