Looks cluttered.

Weasyl
    kittywithaguitar
    This was 5 years in the making?
    Nuthin' Fancy

Weasyl
    Tara
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphoneer View Post
    IMVU is a "lean company." In other words, corporate flim-flam speak for "we choose the cheapskate way for anything to increase profit margins," so their newest division follows suit.
    I know. I was trying to be snarky.

As you implied, they probably wouldn't have rolled out the beta if it wasn't for the sale. An attempt to placate and reassure people, but (a notable part of) the userbase is too cynical and done for that.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    That took them 6 years to make?

lol. Guess all they had for resources was notepad and youtube tutorials. I won't be making much use of the new UI change, as its barely functional which.... oddly enough, makes the old layout seem like a breathe of fresh air. I believe I see what they were going for...

Weasyl
    smelge
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Guess all they had for resources was notepad
    Excuse me?

I'm learning web development, and on my computer I have access to Dreamweaver. I've got several other bits of software for web development, but I prefer to use Notepad++. I like to think I've made some quite complex stuff with just Notepad. It's not the tools usd that make a site good, it's the skills of the person using the tools.

Just because someone went out and bought a top of the range $900 precision laser-guided hammer doesn't mean they're not going to bend most of the nails and break their thumb.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by smelge View Post
    Excuse me?

I'm learning web development, and on my computer I have access to Dreamweaver. I've got several other bits of software for web development, but I prefer to use Notepad++. I like to think I've made some quite complex stuff with just Notepad. It's not the tools usd that make a site good, it's the skills of the person using the tools.

Just because someone went out and bought a top of the range $900 precision laser-guided hammer doesn't mean they're not going to bend most of the nails and break their thumb.
    Ha
    Peasant
    Stick to your peasant poor Notepad while I use my RICHtext notepad.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I use Microsoft office to write my web design code.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I use Microsoft office to write my web design code.
    Your office is but a janitor closet because your only job is to clean codes.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by smelge View Post
    Excuse me?

Woah. That came out of no where. Imma take away 1 credibility badge from you, shake my head and let you continue with the thread cross examination for yelling OBJECTION at the wrong time.

I'm in a very Phoenix Wright mokd right now.

Weasyl
    smelge
    Woah. That came out of no where. Imma take away 1 credibility badge from you, shake my head and let you continue with the thread cross examination for yelling OBJECTION at the wrong time.
    I'm sorry, but I'm a little annoyed that you seem to think the reason a website is coded badly is because of the software used. If anything, using a text editor to code means you're more likely to be able to code slightly better. Stuff like Dreamweaver does a lot of positioning and generating bits of code on it's own. Personally I use Notepad++ because I'd rather learn from the ground up than have a bit of software filling in the bits I can't be bothered to remember.