Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unable to view PDF files

Unable to view PDF files

Last edited by Naresie; 03-31-2015 at 01:06 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Which browser are you using, which OS are you using and could you provide a link to the submission(s) please?

I am using Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7, and this is happening to all submissions who have the file type PDF, but I guess an example would be: https://www.weasyl.com/submission/882263/am-i-the-one

Weasyl
    Levi
    I've not encountered this on the desktop yet, but this happens to me on mobile devices all the time. For whatever reason, neither my phone nor my iPad knows what to do with PDF submissions and it crashes the browser more often than not (although there is an odd iPad workaround).

Posting here because maybe the issue is related, maybe not.

Phone: Running Android 5.1 (although it happened with 5.0 and 4.4.x as well), with Chrome, Firefox, or Opera
    iPad: iOS 8.2, with Safari
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Hey folks!

Along with the EGG update, we did put in a fix for some browsers not trying to load pdfs as they are supposed to. Give things a shot, and see how you do now?

Weasyl
    Levi
    So far, so good. I'll keep exploring though and will let you know if anything is not working as it should.
    Personal Blog | WagzTail Podcast
    Much thanks to Kalika for the avatar

Oh yes, it is working just fine now like normal, thank you so much for resolving the issue! ^_^ *Gives a hug of appreciation*