Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Egg

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed "beta" was changed into "omegga" on the mainsite logo? :p

Omegga Weasyl
    You are not the only one, good sir/madame.

I just want to say I love this. I love the shape. I love the fact the eggs crack when you click them. I love the fact that you guys just have fun doing this. A part of me is like "This is probably just an April's Fools joke, so it'll be gone tomorrow." but a part of me would not be upset if things just stayed this way.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    GreenReaper
    It's very cute, but it looks like the eggs broke Weasyl's thumbnail CDN or the scaling system.

Perhaps too many people going back in their submissions to see how they look, overloading the cache?
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 04-01-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Weasyl
    Blitza
    I like it ^^

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    It's very cute, but it looks like the eggs broke Weasyl's thumbnail CDN or the scaling system.

Perhaps too many people going back in their submissions to see how they look, overloading the cache?
    what

Weasyl
    Bornes
    The eggs don't crack when you click them in Pale Moon 25.3.1.

But then again I'm probably the only person on this site that uses that browser so I suppose it doesn't matter. =(

I loaded up Chrome to see what I was missing out on.

edit: Doesn't work on Firefox 31. I'm about to update. We'll see if it works then.
    edit2: works in firefox now but still not Pale Moon. =(
    Last edited by Bornes; 04-01-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Weasyl
    GreenReaper
    Quote Originally Posted by weykent View Post
    what
    New things loading from cdn.weasyl.com are often doing so hella slow (i.e. a few KB/sec, or failing to load). For example, the first few eggs on the browse page when I'm the most recent person to have accessed the site from that node, or full images from the backlog. This file took five minutes to not-yet-finish loading.

Accessing an image is plenty fast when it's in the cache, though, which makes me think it's the origin server or congestion from the CloudFlare node to that server, rather than the route from the CloudFlare node to me.

This wasn't a problem early in the early morning U.S. time but started to be later on in the day.

My IP for cdn.weasyl.com is 162.159.247.131 - maybe mtr to there from the origin would show a problem?

- - - Updated - - -

The slow thumbnails are showing CF-Cache-Status:"EXPIRED", "REVALIDATED" or "MISS" (in roughly that order). "HIT" returns immediately. Character thumbs report 'Cache-Control:"public, max-age=1800"' which seems low.

I doubt it's related, but DB2 is eating up 4% of its disk space per day. Not sure if that's intentional, but it's not the usual pattern for that server. Excessive logging?

- - - Updated 2 - - -

It's now back to "quite fast" from "hella slow". No obvious reason why.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 04-01-2015 at 04:47 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Iccodypup View Post
    But, Matt, there's a Mr. Bungle song called "Egg". Seems like that deserves thanks too.
    But, what do I know... The ways of egg are far beyond me @o@
    Egg.
    This was an oversight on my part. Please forgive me. I've contacted Mike Patton, and he'll be responding with personalized directions of penance later this evening.

Egg.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

I found the update eggceptional

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    This was an oversight on my part. Please forgive me. I've contacted Mike Patton, and he'll be responding with personalized directions of penance later this evening.

Egg.
    Oh no! I didn't mean to get you in trouble!
    And that album was over 20 years ago, I'm surprised it bothered Mike Patton that much!

B-but...if the Egg must be appeased. Then I hope your penance is an easy one -_-

Egg.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    New things loading from cdn.weasyl.com are often doing so hella slow (i.e. a few KB/sec, or failing to load). For example, the first few eggs on the browse page when I'm the most recent person to have accessed the site from that node, or full images from the backlog. This file took five minutes to not-yet-finish loading.

Accessing an image is plenty fast when it's in the cache, though, which makes me think it's the origin server or congestion from the CloudFlare node to that server, rather than the route from the CloudFlare node to me.

This wasn't a problem early in the early morning U.S. time but started to be later on in the day.

My IP for cdn.weasyl.com is 162.159.247.131 - maybe mtr to there from the origin would show a problem?

- - - Updated - - -

The slow thumbnails are showing CF-Cache-Status:"EXPIRED", "REVALIDATED" or "MISS" (in roughly that order). "HIT" returns immediately. Character thumbs report 'Cache-Control:"public, max-age=1800"' which seems low.

I doubt it's related, but DB2 is eating up 4% of its disk space per day. Not sure if that's intentional, but it's not the usual pattern for that server. Excessive logging?

- - - Updated 2 - - -

It's now back to "quite fast" from "hella slow". No obvious reason why.
    ok