Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Egg

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #51
    Weasyl
    armaina
    Quote Originally Posted by akitary View Post
    DA did now. They released this new IRL stylus thing. So far their weakest April 1st joke in my opinion though.
    Ever since people got SO ANGRY about mudkip icons (that didn't even last the full 24 hours and were ripped down in the middle of the day) they've been doing a lot more stuff with.. less impact, over the years. (people got angry at the 'team' icons too but not as angry as mudkips... wow was that a chaos storm no one expected)

So if they're jokes are weak, it's because a lot of people got REALLY pissed off about mudkips.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    How could you be so angry about the mudkips, but "meh" about the teams. I will never understand.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #53
    Weasyl
    armaina
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanda View Post
    How could you be so angry about the mudkips, but "meh" about the teams. I will never understand.
    I think a lot of people up and left around that time, and 2008 (pretty sure it was 2008) was the peek of DA's activity at least obvious interactive activity that is. At least the Team icons survived the full 24 hours, the midkips didn't ):

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Well I've seen worse honestly. I was on a small Danish site in my early internet days, and oh boy. One year they did the "We are now a Manga/anime artsite." And holy S*'* People flipped like nothing I've ever seen before or since. Outright deleting profiles on the spot, that they've spent years cultivating. And the old day sites didn't have no take backsies, if you deleted your profile it was gone. It was quite glorious to watch from the sidelines, really. Nothing like watching a large group of 30+year-olds have temper tantrums not even a toddler could outdo.