Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Weasyl press pack?

Weasyl press pack?

A number of sites and businesses offer a set of images and other files for press and fan use to promote or refer to the site. I looked around but couldn't find much easily. You might consider tossing up a page somewhere with some of this!

If I were to put one together, here's what I'd have:
    • "Icon" type graphic, high res. 2048x2048 would be good, they can shrink it to most other sizes as needed
    • "Icon" type graphic, low res. 16x16, 24x24, 32x32. Something like the favicon, for lists and whatnot. Separate from high res to deal with the fact that many programs butcher shrinking images to that size
    • "Banner" type graphic, high and low res. Kind of like what's used up at the top of the forums. Be sure to include versions that look good on both light and dark backgrounds!
    • Maybe include a few mascot images too
    • Font names and styling (i.e. XYZ light italic, ABC Bold)
    • Color codes for different elements, both hex and if possible Pantone
    • A list of design restrictions (use restrictions would be a separate thing) and noteworthy info (i.e. "use the banner instead of trying to remake it from the icon + font")
    • Use restrictions ("if you use mascot image X, please give credit to UVW")

What do you all think?
    Last edited by Socks the Fox; 03-31-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Formatting

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    I would love this! I know when it comes time around for me to make my signs for FWA I'm always in need of graphics to promote my online galleries. Something like this would be super helpful!

Weasyl
    Tara
    That's a good suggestion! I'd also throw in small buttons, in case someone wants to promote Weasyl on their site or something.

Here's Twitter's branding guidelines and press pack: https://about.twitter.com/press/brand-assets
    And here's Tumblr's: https://www.tumblr.com/logo

Just for a couple of "real world" examples.

Any official word on this?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I personally think this is a good idea, I'll ask around about who on staff has the master files of our art assets and see if we can put something together.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

I actually like the thoughts on your ideas for this site. I also made a journal on what Weasyl should do for PM's and their price tags on the PM's for certain months to a year package deal. As for the Icons I think it should be 32x32 cause sometimes I have a hard time seeing small icons or avatars depending on what the site offers for their size.
    Anyways, if I get anymore ideas for this site I'll be sure to add it to my journal as a *re-edit.