Weasyl
    Therion

Commissions and Sales Suggestion

I'm sorry if this was suggested before but I don't think I saw this on the common list.

I've kind of always had problems trying to find artists open for commissions, even adoptable, tails, items and YCH. I normally just go to the search and type "commissions" "adopt" "adoptable" " sale" etc into the box. This helps to get a few hits but most of the time it is already sold, full, or things that just aren't the style I like. This happens on all sites I've been on! Its so difficult sometimes! I really try with the tag system but its not very reliable at times. It keeps all old, closed, and sold under the same tags as new items. Also I feel sometimes the tag system fails because not everyone labels everything >< or changes open to close.

Also part of me feels not every artist posts on forums like this offering what they have. Sometimes it feel like two different entities co existing Lol. I mostly only see what's at the front then back here. (Sorry D: but its kind of true. Least for me ><.)

I don't think I've seen what I'm about to suggest on other sites. So here it goes XD. I would love a little area that is strictly for business. Like on the home page it lists "latest uploads" "recently popular" "random art" and all those other goodies.

What if there was a section, when artists switch their "open for commissions" status they are added to a list of icons and can be browsed like a gallery. Like a little shopping mall and you can click artists who are currently open. When switching their status they can attach a journal they have created. Lots of artist make journals listing what they are offering. Basically taking what is normal to many and giving it a bit more of a convent place or show case. Giving a easier place for buyers to find them easily. (As much as I like digging in journals. I tend to be kind of the same with visual submissions. Hit and miss type thing.) So I would also suggest a timer for these advertising journals. Maybe 2-4 months at a time seems fair? Though however long you like. I just feel with a timer this section would keep its self relatively up to date. You won't have to dig through tons of personal journals to find commission journals.

(Maybe requests could be in the same section of this. I'm not sure how trades would fair but they could also be added?. Maybe give journals a category like visual submissions. "Commissions" "Art Trades" "Requests")

-----
    I've also thought of adoptables, items and etc being posted. Maybe give them a " sales" section that is kept to up to date somehow.

It would be kind of a nightmare to have a mod do it so maybe a light on and off switch. That the artist should use when they have an item for sale. So when its on it'll appear in the for sales section. When the item is bought out and goods are transfered the artist can click off or click "sold" and the image or item will be removed from the sales gallery/section. (Maybe placed in the normal visual section? Once its sold.)

I saw a little program not to long ago trying to accomplish the same thing but they had timers for each submission so it would stay current. I thought why not actually be part of a site? Why not provide artists with a bit more convenient way to market. I don't think what I see currently on other sites is working well. DA I type words in and try to filter relevant from irrelevant. Mostly flipping journal after journal not finding what I would want.

Idk I just feel maybe some sort of marketing system could help a lot of artists. Even if you don't use what I'm suggesting and make something entirely different. I know this is an art gallery and not something like amazon. It just feels sometimes peoples sales get drowned out. Or on the other side drowned in. The other coin of people seeing nothing but ads in what is suppose to be an gallery. It would keep gallery and journals more clean of being bombarded with ads but also providing a safe place for sales.

Sorry for such a long post and if this has been already suggested. If this isn't the direction you'd want the site to go in, I'm not ganna be butt hurt. Lol Maybe someday or somewhere.

Thank you for your time and effort ^^!!

Weasyl
    Bornes
    I would LOVE this feature.

We have a small part of Weasyl that lists artists who recently started streaming. I think having another section for artists who recently listed their commissions status as 'open' is long overdue.

I quite like that idea too.

Weasyl
    Therion
    Thank you for your support! I didn't know if it would be an ok idea XD.

This would honestly be a very lovely idea.
    Plus, I think even an additional category for things that are for sale (like "adoptables" on deviantART) could be a good thing?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! We've actually been bouncing around similar ideas between staff for a while now. While we haven't determined how we would go about implementing features like these, it's something we'd like to do in the future.

Weasyl
    Feyala
    I like this idea! Even better would be if a person could then sort that category by type (traditional, digital, crafts) and price to narrow down exactly what they want!

Weasyl
    CartelSaide
    "We're living in a dream; an endless fantasy," ~Yohio ♥
    I absolutely LOVE this idea! I think it's really a fantastic one, and totally worth the work needed for implementation c:

I would wager there's a few pages; one of the users who have their commissions status as open, one for trades, and one for requests. There'd also be an additional category when putting in submissions, a drop down like the folder it goes in and rating and stuff, and it says "for sale, for trade, for sale and/or trade, for auction, sold, not applicable" and such. Then there could be a page dedicated to the items that fall under those different categories, the general site overview being of every submission ever and your browsing options having that; you could also have those additional options of price ranges, traditional/digital/craft and what not. Auctions would probably need to have an additional bar to fill out for the "current bid" in order to work optimally with the price range search, but that'd be convenient anyway even if the price range search wasn't immediately added. It would be an absolute joy to be able to set our own timers too up to some odd maximum time, preferably however long we personally want as opposed to a drop down of selections, but whatever works! c:

So yeah, I love this idea!