Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Blitza

How can we make Weasyl Main Part of the Furry Comunity ??

Hi Guys

First sorry for my broken English but i try my best to write it "nearly" Clear what i mean.
    I have one big Point what would be awesome if this would happen, since i really like Weasyl and its layout and the People there.

How can we make Weasyl the main Part of the furry Comunity instead of FA ??
    FA having an Admin what isnt trusted By anyone but have tonns of Artists and Watchers and Weasyl what haves an competend Admin Team and Mods have not even half of the traffic like FA.

So how we could help Weasyl to grow that the Artists, Comissioners, Fans and Furrys dont must stay at an site with an Incompetend Admin like Neer.
    I know alot popular Artist who think like that but dont want talk open since they fear if they would say something like that Neer would Ban them and then they have pretty much lose there income...

Again sorry for my broken English and i hope People will calm talk about it without any fight.

Greetings Blitza

Weasyl
    Noxid
    yeah but furries are weird

Weasyl
    akitary
    COME AT ME 'NEER! (actually, no please, I still need my FA)

Well, i do this Weasyl-discount thingie: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16065927/
    I'll also do animated high-quality banner giveaways soon - you can only use these banners on Weasyl, and on SoFurry : https://www.weasyl.com/submission/92...anner-giveaway

I'm also supporting the website, so they can make more stuff work, and Weasyl will be even greater! (many little 5$ is a lot when added up by many users)
    Also I've removed my personal side from FA, it is a commissions only account. If you want to watch me, or my personal stuff, you have to come here or Deviantart.

the most important is to try and pull commissioners over. artists are obligated enough, and most who still stays on FA only stays there because money is there.
    so having Weasyl exclusive commissions, Weasyl exclusive discounts, etc. anything that makes our customers - the other heartpiece of our community - come over.
    because we can't sustain ourselves without them, and if they came over, a huge amount of other artists could also come over. and that would spark the avalanche towards Weasyl we need.

- - - Updated - - -

(also, the idea is not bad, but maybe calling Dragoneer incompetent is a bit over the top. I respect if that's your opinion, I only mean that if you want a civilized conversation, maybe keep your all out honest opinion down)
    Last edited by akitary; 03-29-2015 at 06:00 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4

Weasyl
    pinardilla
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

What Weasyl needs is activity.

Post things, favorite things, follow users.

One thing is artists think managing multiple galleries is a PITA. It can be, yes, but it's better than losing everything if one goes down (and there are any number of reasons any site could go down. DDoS, hardware failure, being shut down, etc).

There's also the fact that you don't have to be instantly just as active here as you are on other sites. Start off by posting some old artwork. Maybe one or two pics a week, then one or two a day. Then once you're up to date, start posting your pics here first by a day or so, then by a few days, then a few exclusive to here.

No matter what, be sure people know they can find you here. Be sure people know what activity they can expect from you here, and update them if things change.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    What Weasyl needs is activity.

Post things, favorite things, follow users.

One thing is artists think managing multiple galleries is a PITA. It can be, yes, but it's better than losing everything if one goes down (and there are any number of reasons any site could go down. DDoS, hardware failure, being shut down, etc).

There's also the fact that you don't have to be instantly just as active here as you are on other sites. Start off by posting some old artwork. Maybe one or two pics a week, then one or two a day. Then once you're up to date, start posting your pics here first by a day or so, then by a few days, then a few exclusive to here.

No matter what, be sure people know they can find you here. Be sure people know what activity they can expect from you here, and update them if things change.
    Pretty much this is what I believe is the case. I've seen a lot of users who come to Weasyl, dump all their art, and leave because within a week or month they don't get the same amount of attention as they do on other sites. People don't seem to factor in how long it took them to build up their following over the years, or that we are a smaller site.

People need to engage with their potential audience on Weasyl, give out comments, favourites, watch users, etc. Give a little to get a little. Expecting a lot of views, comments, faves, etc while giving out none is also a bit selfish I feel; everyone wants these things, so help out others, and they'll likely help you out!

Regardless, if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve these sorts of things, by all means, let us know! We're always willing to hear people's ideas and such!

Weasyl
    Rowedahelicon
    Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    Pretty much this is what I believe is the case. I've seen a lot of users who come to Weasyl, dump all their art, and leave because within a week or month they don't get the same amount of attention as they do on other sites. People don't seem to factor in how long it took them to build up their following over the years, or that we are a smaller site.

People need to engage with their potential audience on Weasyl, give out comments, favourites, watch users, etc. Give a little to get a little. Expecting a lot of views, comments, faves, etc while giving out none is also a bit selfish I feel; everyone wants these things, so help out others, and they'll likely help you out!

Regardless, if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve these sorts of things, by all means, let us know! We're always willing to hear people's ideas and such!
    I hate to bring up what seems like is another shout in the echo chamber but I think the first step will be getting the thumbnail complaints resolved. Presentation is a big deal to most people, and I imagine with better previews / thumbnails more people will be browsing art better than before.

This brings confidence, confidence that putting our art here will yield a better result. Anything from then on will just require persistence in talking about what the site has to offer, and simplifying it. It will also help set a precedent that Weasyl does listen to the user base, which is what people want really.

Confidence in both the site, and the people who run it go a long way!

Weasyl
    akitary
    Quote Originally Posted by rowedahelicon View Post
    I hate to bring up what seems like is another shout in the echo chamber but I think the first step will be getting the thumbnail complaints resolved.
    ↑ second that

Weasyl
    Tara
    The exclusively square thumbnails need to go. That goes without saying.

Besides furries, what I'm interested in is how can or will the site draw in artists that aren't furries. I think there's potential there and I'd love for Weasyl to be an art site with diverse submissions and artists. That's one of its goals, isn't it?
    Last edited by Tara; 03-30-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Honestly, as someone who's not much of a furry, I'd rather this site be kept diverse as was intended when it was started, instead of becoming too furry-centric. Not because I have anything against the furry-fandom, but because I like seeing some diversity in the submissions.