Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    novablue

Fonts for a comic.

I am thinking of making a short little comic and am wondering what would be the ideal font to use.
    Anyone says comic sans I shall bite you so hard (joking).

Is there some kind of standard font to use or is it just what kinda looks alright at the time?
    Just a little run down on the comic, its gonna be my fursona NovaBlue talking to his bestie James.

Thanks,
    NB

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I just use Anime ace cause we're used to seeing it in manga sites.

Weasyl
    novablue
    Thank you for suggesting that, I just googled that and it looks like a cool font.
    I think that will go well with my comic.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Comic Sans. c:

Seriously now, defer to what the above person suggested. Otherwise, I would suggest either the Impact font, Times New Roman, or maybe Arial would prove rather neat. They are simple, professional and as far as I heard, Impact is used for most of the memes too.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    If you wanted a more personal touch, there are sites that will let you generate a font from your own handwriting. You basically print off a template sheet, fill it in with dark ink, and scan it back in. It's what I did for this now-defunct page http://noxid.ca/webcomic/

If you want the handwritten-y feel, there's a font called "Comic Neue" that's trying to be a more professional Comic Sans. It still has the feeling, but without the eye-gouging terribleness.

Otherwise, I'd probably go with a sans-serif font like Clear Sans.

Might double check the license, but IIRC both are free for commercial use so no dealing with licensing stupidity. At worst just tossing a "we use X font, see the license <here>"

Weasyl
    novablue
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    Comic Sans. c:

Seriously now, defer to what the above person suggested. Otherwise, I would suggest either the Impact font, Times New Roman, or maybe Arial would prove rather neat. They are simple, professional and as far as I heard, Impact is used for most of the memes too.
    Lol was wondering who would say CS first lol.
    Cool, Thanks, I might tinker around with all the fonts mentioned in here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    If you wanted a more personal touch, there are sites that will let you generate a font from your own handwriting. You basically print off a template sheet, fill it in with dark ink, and scan it back in. It's what I did for this now-defunct page http://noxid.ca/webcomic/
    Ooooo thats looks and sounds awesome, I have seen some comics on the main site that i was wondering if it was the artists own hand writing, I was confused to how they did it. You have just educated me will check out google to find a site to turn my "scribble" into a font.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    If you want the handwritten-y feel, there's a font called "Comic Neue" that's trying to be a more professional Comic Sans. It still has the feeling, but without the eye-gouging terribleness.

Otherwise, I'd probably go with a sans-serif font like Clear Sans.

Might double check the license, but IIRC both are free for commercial use so no dealing with licensing stupidity. At worst just tossing a "we use X font, see the license <here>"
    Thanks.
    Yeah I hate comic sans argh its just yeah bleh...
    Comic Neue seems ok

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    CCWildwords also works, but really, comics are what Comic Sans was made for.
    I know but yeah its a font I really dislike.

Weasyl
    Toshabi

You can find some by Da Font. Like I've seen some here in this link http://goo.gl/Bj6F