Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ashley's Custom Furry Arcade Stick Blog Thread!

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Fascinating project, Ash. And very nicely done getting that 15 percent discount code. (The smiley face was friendly but not so slutty as a ":3")

Weasyl
    Spixpanda
    I cannot tell you how interesting and exciting it is to see my artwork put onto something besides the usual paper rectangle. You were awesome to work with, and you took my final draft and gave it that extra touch to make it look really cool! Definitely looking forward to seeing this update.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Those faceplates are looking nice! Can't wait to see the final products!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    Fascinating project, Ash. And very nicely done getting that 15 percent discount code. (The smiley face was friendly but not so slutty as a ":3")
    Apparently you can get discounts of 5-20% from a LOT of buisnesses if you just ask them via social media like Twitter or FaceBook. I didn't have anything to lose afterall. It helped to because it turned out that Canadian Joysticks operates entirely in US Dollars without being super clear to it. So my purchase went UP about 20% once the exchange rate was applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanagrooboy View Post
    Those faceplates are looking nice! Can't wait to see the final products!
    Well, all credit to the art goes to Spix. But I'll be taking photos and posting updates through the entire process. I figured gaming threads could use something new and 'Custom Furry Arcade Sticks' is pretty awesome.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    Well, all credit to the art goes to Spix. But I'll be taking photos and posting updates through the entire process. I figured gaming threads could use something new and 'Custom Furry Arcade Sticks' is pretty awesome.
    That's very true! Spix, your work on this is fuckin' TOP. It's really cool to see a collaboration like this. :3

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    This is very cool! Great work so far by you and Spix I look forward to seeing more! And that 15% off code thing is great to see. Very cool that some companies treat their customers so well like that.

So I went back to the print shop and they had a chat with their production facility where tricky things are done at a centralized location. We're going with CNC cut, laminated, adhesive backed, styrene sheets. This seems to be similar to what was used originally and as thick as the original material vs vinyl, so it should be MUCH more durable. Since it was CNC cut it won't be us screwing up it's cutting either. That set me back another $56.50 though. This project is getting expensive.