Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    LOL!!!! Eggs!!

Oh, PLEASE tell me that for Halloween the icons will be pumpkin shaped, and for Christmas they will be ornament shaped. PULEEZ??

Weasyl
    akitary
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
    LOL!!!! Eggs!!

Oh, PLEASE tell me that for Halloween the icons will be pumpkin shaped, and for Christmas they will be ornament shaped. PULEEZ??
    CSS3 lets you do rounded borders, which is used to make the egg shape, but you can't make an image "pumpkin shaped" unless you re-generate all thumbnails, which is really not worth it. :/

Weasyl
    Aster
    Quote Originally Posted by akitary View Post
    [...] but you can't make an image "pumpkin shaped" unless you re-generate all thumbnails, which is really not worth it. :/
    Not entirely true. Yeah, the super-easy border-radius wouldn't be able to replicate complex shapes, but Webkit browsers have -webkit-mask-image, and Firefox supports SVG masking (which is a pain to implement compared to the other two). Assuming your browser is up to date, of course... otherwise it ignores those.

Not sure it's worth the extra effort for something that only (currently) works in the latest browsers, but it's still possible, and might be relevant in a few months.

For anyone interested, there's a nifty tutorial I found when I was researching this stuff at work.
    don't mind me; i'm just insane

Pfffhahah you guys are like.. The biggest butts.

Weasyl
    akitary
    Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    Not entirely true. Yeah, the super-easy border-radius wouldn't be able to replicate complex shapes, but Webkit browsers have -webkit-mask-image, and Firefox supports SVG masking (which is a pain to implement compared to the other two). Assuming your browser is up to date, of course... otherwise it ignores those.

Not sure it's worth the extra effort for something that only (currently) works in the latest browsers, but it's still possible, and might be relevant in a few months.

For anyone interested, there's a nifty tutorial I found when I was researching this stuff at work.

yeah, sure it's possible, but it's still very probably not worth it for a 1-day display :/
    (btw I quit web developing 2 years ago for art, so I haven't really followed up on new stuff since then)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Dreclin View Post
    Pfffhahah you guys are like.. The biggest butts.
    Hmm... there's an idea...