submitted Flash application loads empty, pure white

I am migrating from FA to Weasyl, overall enjoying it. Save for this one issue.
    I submitted a Flash application with no errors and it only loads up as a white square. This file worked fine on FA and many other sites that I have posted it to.

The file in question can be found here. (This is my own PC web-server, if it is slow or down, I do apologize)
    The submission in question can be found here.

key things to note:
    The flash files loads data from an external web server, although the background should still load fine if that fails.
    I am using FireFox 36.0.1 to upload and view this file.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Sent this to the devs for them to check out.

Since it loads data from an external web server, that's probably what is breaking it since from what I've been told, you need a cross domain policy for that to work. But like you said, the background should still be loading.

Thank you!
    I probably should have also stated that I am willing to upload modified source code if they want to test things out. I just entered spring break so I have plenty of free time. c:

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4

Weasyl
    Fiz
    The flash will not work properly because it wants external network access, which we disallow; it's hard for us to know beyond that what will work if it doesn't, as we didn't write the flash.

We're not sure why it's not at least displaying the background and aren't really able to trouble shoot it. Our apologies.

That makes since, the application opens a URL loader to an external web server within 15ms of it launching, to load the music file for the main menu music. If it throws an exception (it would in this case) the application stops.
    The whole purpose of the external network access is to use more music data than the swf limits allow for sites. IE: 25MB of music in a 2.5MB flash via this method. Also because the audio analyzer libraries that I use require external files and can not use embedded audio.

I'm guessing that those networking rules are there for security reasons and that there is no way for me to work around them, which renders most of my work non-functioning on this site. Would it be frowned upon to submit into multimedia with a flash that links the user to an external site, namely my private web-server? Or would opening a new tab also be restricted under the site rules?

Or better yet, is there a place where i can read up on what you can and can't do code wise with flash/adobe air?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyWaffle View Post
    Would it be frowned upon to submit into multimedia with a flash that links the user to an external site, namely my private web-server? Or would opening a new tab also be restricted under the site rules?
    That seems fine, as long as it all follows our rules.