Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 321 to 328 of 328
  1. #321
    Senior Daisy La Liebre's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Daisy La Liebre
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    137
    Dragoneer embezzles donated money and then sells off website. Um, lol.

  2. #322
    The situation appears to have taken a turn for the worst, now that 'adult' advertising is now allowed on FA.

    http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6831187

    It's supposed to only appear on pages with mature or adult content, but that doesn't sound like it's the case. Some of them are wildly inappropriate, with those advertising rape-based content taking the cake. But what made me abandon ship is the stories of malware. I was lucky enough to be using adblock when the ads hit, so I managed to avoid it. But I no longer feel safe using that site. A pity, really, since I had only just joined a couple of months ago.
    Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves
    A human saves a lupine girl from the streets, leading the pair to form a bond closer than either ever would have imagined.

  3. #323
    Senior Zeitzbach's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Not here, obv.
    Posts
    1,012
    I tried refreshing a bunch with adblock off and luckily, it's still clean with ads from my area that is pretty much on every other website from my area as well.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    I tried refreshing a bunch with adblock off and luckily, it's still clean with ads from my area that is pretty much on every other website from my area as well.
    May well have been addressed by now. I saw some people posting about how they weren't seeing the adult ads anymore. But considering there were still also reports of adblock-bypassing malware, I'm not taking that chance.
    Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves
    A human saves a lupine girl from the streets, leading the pair to form a bond closer than either ever would have imagined.

  5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #325
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy95 View Post
    May well have been addressed by now. I saw some people posting about how they weren't seeing the adult ads anymore. But considering there were still also reports of adblock-bypassing malware, I'm not taking that chance.
    They stated they were limiting how many adult ads would pop up per 24 hours, though people are saying they're not seeing any at all, so I'm not sure what the case is.

  6. #326
    Senior GlaringFeline's Avatar
    Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    U.S.S Enterprise
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    404
    The end of FA is drawing nearer and nearer and this is just speeding up the process. I'm gonna have OpenOffice and popcorn ready when it happens because that'll make one hell of a section for the FA article on Encyclopedia Dramatica.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

  7. #327
    Senior Recel's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Recel
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    The end of FA is drawing nearer and nearer and this is just speeding up the process. I'm gonna have OpenOffice and popcorn ready when it happens because that'll make one hell of a section for the FA article on Encyclopedia Dramatica.
    Won't happen. People aren't sane enough or don't want to move their gallery do to business. If they would, FA would have already began to fall apart.

  8. #328
    Senior GlaringFeline's Avatar
    Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    U.S.S Enterprise
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    Won't happen. People aren't sane enough or don't want to move their gallery do to business. If they would, FA would have already began to fall apart.
    Some were sane, Weasyl had an exodus of people coming from FA at some point, about a year ago maybe? I honestly hope you're wrong about this not being the beginning of the end; only time will tell if those left will wisen up and follow suit. Dragoneer's a really shitty person and considering the shit he's done, saying that alone about him would be considered polite.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •