Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    RedSavage

Dragoneer sells FA to IMVU

I am laughing so hard right now. I will edit informative links momentarily as I am on mobile at the moment.

But seriously. Take over 10k in donations and turn around 2 months later and sell the site?

What is this ? This ain't April 1st yet. Bwaaaha.

Forum link: https://forums.furaffinity.net/threads/1353961-FA-IMVU-Discussion?p=5109458#post5109458

FA link: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6588324
    Last edited by RedSavage; 03-19-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    I think the funniest part is that the sale happened in January
    let's all contemplate that for a minute.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    I've already said on the site, and even though I don't want to repeat it ad nauseam, I feel it bears mentioning that it's essential to stay focused on the core topic and the issue with elucidation. I've already noticed a violent upswing in fearmongering regarding this buyout using only hearsay as the basis (but that isn't surprising, is it?). I'm not accusing any here of that, just mentioning what is currently going on over there. Noxid pointed out what I found especially distressing in that this supposedly all happened in January, while the official announcement did not come out publicly until March. Whatever happened to that alleged "transparency" that was mentioned?

I stay here and observe and see what happens next. I will not pass further judgement until I see more hard facts put on the table (if that event ever happens at all).

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    The fact that people continued to trust Dragoneer, hah! I'm forced to say this is what you get for not taking the numerous warning signs in the past. I mean yes it is a shame that all of those donations have basically just vanished into who knows where [Implications], but at the same time I feel like people should have known better. The site hasn't actually improved an inch realistically in years. What did they buy it for, a basket full of plushies?

Remember everyone, your data was never safe with Dragoneer when he owned it. Remember that anything and everything, all of your private messages, were available and had been vulnerable in the past. So the site where your personal information wasn't safe to begin with just got bought out by...IMVU.

I'm waiting with bated breath to see what they do with it. They own it now presumably, so the whole "Well I'm still captain of this ship!" floats about as well as a lead balloon.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    The fact that people continued to trust Dragoneer, hah! I'm forced to say this is what you get for not taking the numerous warning signs in the past. I mean yes it is a shame that all of those donations have basically just vanished into who knows where [Implications], but at the same time I feel like people should have known better. The site hasn't actually improved an inch realistically in years. What did they buy it for, a basket full of plushies?

Remember everyone, your data was never safe with Dragoneer when he owned it. Remember that anything and everything, all of your private messages, were available and had been vulnerable in the past. So the site where your personal information wasn't safe to begin with just got bought out by...IMVU.

I'm waiting with bated breath to see what they do with it. They own it now presumably, so the whole "Well I'm still captain of this ship!" floats about as well as a lead balloon.
    I don't think I could have said it any better myself. Forgive me for indulging in a bit of rare schadenfreude.

Because for example, Blizzard doesn't actually get pulled around on a leash behind Activision and are still autonomous, right?

I find it very hard to not get vitriolic about all of this so I'm probably not going to say anything further on the subject of "it was never actually getting any better."

Weasyl
    Vae
    Welp, time to go delete my remaining art off the site, even though I haven't touched it in over half a year.

I'm laughing pretty hard, though.
    GG Furaffinity. GG.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    Glad I didn't stick around there, only was active for like ..2 weeks on the forum? ;o It's a shame though for their members, but maybe we'll get some more activity here now if some decide to move over?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Gross

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Hahah
    Well IMVU has been around for a long time so maybe shit will get done.