Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
    Weasyl
    chaos_1152
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Weasyl doesn't have premium accounts..???
    Unless you consider it a "premium account" to have the larger forum avatar and badge.
    http://blog.weasyl.com/post/20987251...acking-revenue

This what i found when i googled premium accounts weasyl.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_1152 View Post
    http://blog.weasyl.com/post/20987251...acking-revenue

This what i found when i googled premium accounts weasyl.
    I don't see any issue with those features being given to "premium" accounts, so IDK why SoFurry is using that as a scare tactic

(That Tumblr post is also from 2012)

Weasyl
    Blitza
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    So the short of it is, Dragoneer sold the site because he can't hold a job at Amazon?
    Pretty much but what makes me really sick after ALL He did the years ago, so many furs dig there nose so deep in his Butt. No wonder that he is so fat XD
    Nah really i mean after all what did Happened it gives tonns of FA furs who still stay at his side and write on each of his Journals, we love you, i want an child from you, your da best and Great your doing all this......

Boah normally i hate no own But Neer is really someone disgusting Person and i find it so stupid that he have so many buttkissers.
    I mean really are furrys so stupid or does it just look like that ???

Slowly i start that i feel not more right in the furry fandom when i see how many Buttkissers it gives, dont have they an own Backbone ?

So enought rant for today ^^

Weasyl
    chaos_1152
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    I don't see any issue with those features being given to "premium" accounts, so IDK why SoFurry is using that as a scare tactic

(That Tumblr post is also from 2012)
    After i showed that to him he agreed what was said in there and was probably reassuring new users who would jump ship if that happened.

Weasyl
    Bornes
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Hold up...hold up. Pause.

???
    When was this available and where?
    That post was from 2012, so it was just a planned feature. But when Weasyl first opened to the public, there was a way to create a group.. I tried to... It was never fully functioning, though. You'd "create" the group but then you'd never see it again. The request basically went into a black pit. I think they removed the ability to create a group since then.

It'd surprise me if the feature wasn't still on the table for the future, though.

Weasyl
    KajTaotsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornes View Post
    That post was from 2012, so it was just a planned feature. But when Weasyl first opened to the public, there was a way to create a group.. I tried to... It was never fully functioning, though. You'd "create" the group but then you'd never see it again. The request basically went into a black pit. I think they removed the ability to create a group since then.

It'd surprise me if the feature wasn't still on the table for the future, though.
    maybe so, but I havent heard anything of any sort since back then about premium accounts. Honestly, I thought Weasyl did away with that idea. I do remember that that was something a lot of people were iffy about even though the benefits of donating/premium didnt hinder regular users abilities onsite.
    Even after the darkest nights, morning always comes.

Hungry? Check out my gallery for recipes!

Weasyl
    Bornes
    Quote Originally Posted by KajTaotsu View Post
    maybe so, but I havent heard anything of any sort since back then about premium accounts. Honestly, I thought Weasyl did away with that idea. I do remember that that was something a lot of people were iffy about even though the benefits of donating/premium didnt hinder regular users abilities onsite.
    I think you're right. But at the time (if memory serves me correctly), Weasyl was invite-only and the only way you could get an invite was by buying your way in through kickstarter or by donating $5 (once the kickstarter was over). It did a full public opening shortly afterward, during whatever the last FA drama blowout was. I think something to do with a rapist on staff or something.

I wasn't around for the kickstarter but I paid the $5 for the early access.

Weasyl
    KajTaotsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornes View Post
    I think you're right. But at the time (if memory serves me correctly), Weasyl was invite-only and the only way you could get an invite was by buying your way in through kickstarter or by donating $5 (once the kickstarter was over). It did a full public opening shortly afterward, during whatever the last FA drama blowout was. I think something to do with a rapist on staff or something.

I wasn't around for the kickstarter but I paid the $5 for the early access.
    I did participate in the kickstarter thing, and oh do I remember that incident....Zaush...let's leave it at that.
    Yeah, a lot of people, again, were irked by the invite-only at the time and for a long while after still thought it was after that got lifted. Had to give people an update on that a few times in journals.. But really, I can understand why they did the invite-only at first, as it also helps with making sure the servers can handle the traffic and make last minute tweaks before public grand opening.
    Even after the darkest nights, morning always comes.

Hungry? Check out my gallery for recipes!

Weasyl
    Storm
    As far as I know the Groups feature is already on the "we are working on it" list of the Devs.

As of right now, there IS a "Premium" subscription but in fact, it's a monthly donation service. Weasyl announced that many users were bugging them to make some kind of premium subscription to earn money for keeping the site up and working. Weasyl replied that they were considering but they couldn't offer any feature just yet - also mentioning that if they ever do that they will offer features that won1t make non-premiums feel like they are left out of anything vital, so that you won't NEED a Premium to use the site effectively.

Then users stated they don't care for rewards, they just wanna support Weasyl monthly so if they implement a subscription they will jump in even with no rewards - and so Weasyl delivered that. You can now subscribe that way to support them.
    - Storm ~ "Sic itur ad astra per aspera." [Commission info]

Something that seems to have gotten overlooked in all the discussion is the fact that IMVU thought FA was worth buying in the first place. Is this the start of a trend like what happened with science fiction fandom 50-60 years ago, where furry fandom is seen as a market worth courting?