Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Noxid
    see the whole "There will be no changes" bit really gets me because I don't find that believable in the slightest. Because why would you acquire a new resource like that just to sit on it? The site's practically a liability.
    Sure they've got their own permanent adspace now but I think that's really just the tip-o-the berg, because really, they probably could have swung a deal like that without buying the whole damn site

No, I believe they have bigger plans than that. I'll just wait and see what happens, if the site even lasts that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    see the whole "There will be no changes" bit really gets me because I don't find that believable in the slightest. Because why would you acquire a new resource like that just to sit on it? The site's practically a liability.
    Sure they've got their own permanent adspace now but I think that's really just the tip-o-the berg, because really, they probably could have swung a deal like that without buying the whole damn site

No, I believe they have bigger plans than that. I'll just wait and see what happens, if the site even lasts that long.
    there was a twitter post here from dragoneer saying that there will be changed :
    https://twitter.com/Dragoneer/status/578764606283386881 the "nothing will change " statement is VERY hypocritical with the " clarifications " statement. I think Dragoneer does not know what the heck he is doing

Also I heard that the original founder of Fur Affinity alkora has officially left furaffinity ( staying as a lurker + business tho ) and is now on weasyl . He said the deal broke the camels back

EDIT : here is the journal explaning the situation :

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6589086/
    Last edited by backdrop12; 03-20-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Has he ever?
    touche

Weasyl
    Noxid
    careful now, lets not stray into discussion of the individuals who may or may not be responsible for a large-scale export of bad decisions from FA, but rather the decisions themselves and the entities they affect
    because they probably can't help it and that would be mean

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Weasyl
    armaina
    something that baffles me about all this is why people think Arcturus actually owns part of FA? Unless he has actual documentation that he has a business claim in the site after it's sale to dragoneer, then he doesn't own the site at all. If this 'co ownership' was nothing but a name on a website and verbal confirmation, then he doesn't actually own anything.

This whole 'well he sold it off without Arcturus consent so he still owns 50%' when there has been absolutely no legal documentation referenced, is probably the most unusual conclusion to come to.

What bothers me most is: they've been bragging about how ~*transparent*~ they were going to be, starting a few site-journals ago. Yet they sell the site and neglect to mention that for TWO WHOLE MONTHS.

As for the site itself: it sucks that the majority of commissioners is still on there. But, as I have a well-established gallery on dA and Weasyl, when FA eventually goes down I'll be prepared.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Weasyl
    armaina
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    He mentioned on his Twitter that he's looking for the 10 year old documentation now of the stake he claims to have in FA and make a case. From what I understand, he helped Jheryn (I hope I spelled that correctly) write FA's original code and Jheryn actually sold FA to Dragoneer without his consent or knowledge, whichever the two or both. Again, that's as I understand it. But I'm not sold on it 100% until he gets the evidence himself...not that Dragoneer will convince me he's lying though.
    yeah I'm familiar with his hand in the initial start, but if he's not in the LLC, he actually doesn't own anything.

Geez I sure know how to pick a time to come back to the fandom.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by armaina View Post
    yeah I'm familiar with his hand in the initial start, but if he's not in the LLC, he actually doesn't own anything.
    The LLC was founded by Dragoneer after he purchased the site from Jheryn. If Arc's claim is legitimate, the only thing that Jheryn sold was his own 50% stake in the site, while Arc retained the other 50%. Arc would not have a stake in the LLC itself, since he's had nothing to do with it, but Arc would have a stake in the site, which is the LLC's sole asset.

Weasyl
    mcjoel
    Hope you guyz are ready for thinflux of people abandoning the ship that is Fur Affinity.
    Wanna lick my candy cane ? :V