Thread: Thoughts?

Weasyl
    Solaris-Meadow

Thoughts?

Weasyl
    Noxid

Weasyl
    Solaris-Meadow
    Okay, thanks for the feedback! :3 I thought the muzzle looked a little too long myself but wasn't completely sure if I was being over critical or not. I'll try that for the chest to see if that looks any better.

As for the coloring I didn't mean actual colors themselves... probably should have been more specific but I meant more like coloring methods like easier/good ways to color in the picture. I always tend to get these blank spots in the tight corners (like the tips at the ends of teeth, the tips of the ears, etc. If I'm explaining that well x.x) that I'd like to try and fix. I use SAI if that helps in any way.

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Solaris-Meadow
    Yes! Those white dots are exactly what I'm talking about. That picture's really sloppy though because I did it rather quickly XD but I usually try to go back and paint them in although many times I miss the dots and don't notice them until I upload the pictures. Also, I actually do use the fill bucket tool lol. I use the selection tool then use the fill bucket tool to color in the selection and if I notice the white dots on the tight corners I try to color those in. Also, Thank-you for the vid!

Me and Photoshop don't usually get along so I usually only use it when I need to add in effects that I can't do or are harder to do in SAI.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    For cell shading, I recommend using clipping groups. The basic workflow is, do your lineart and use the wand tool to select everything *outside* your object. Make sure the wand is set to transparency difference - fuzzy. Then, invert your selection. I think it's like in the edit menu.
    After that you should have your object fully selected. Pick a base color and fill your selection.
    Now, make a new layer on top of that and select "clipping group". The layer should have a pink line on it. Now, when you draw on that layer it will only show up where there is something on the layer below. So you can draw your details without worrying about colouring outside the lines

You can put multiple layers into a clipping group. This makes colouring a bit easier.

Weasyl
    Solaris-Meadow
    Wow, I never even thought about doing it that way... Actually, I never even knew what the clipping group did so I just ignored it. Thanks for letting me know about that though, makes it ten times easier to color the complete object without so many holes which essentially makes it easier to color and shade everything right. Many thanks!