Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: locking notifications?

locking notifications?

I wouldn't know if I'm the only one that does this, but I have a lot of notifications that I don't want to risk deleting if I can help it, like journals to reference info for later (weeks... months later - ) or just submissions with thumbnails I really liked (somehow looking at the same ones from my favorites is different, idk).

But as these add up and during times when the site goes up in activity, I have to really mind what I check for deletion, and "remove all" just isn't an option anymore. Could there be a way to sort of check off or otherwise define certain notifs as ones that won't be lost in a sweep?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    I'm not very involved with the website development side of Weasyl, but perhaps using the "bookmark" feature in your browser is an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I'm not very involved with the website development side of Weasyl, but perhaps using the "bookmark" feature in your browser is an option?
    It doesn't feel like an effective one for me. I'm a serial bookmarker, so it's easy for me to lose a small handful of things in a flood of folders (that and when message notifs were posted would have to be manually added - kind of a drag when the page itself offers that already). And from the submission notif side, some thumbnails I genuinely enjoy having at a glance themselves, so bookmarking the entire work isn't the point, if that makes sense? Looking at them from from favorites is possible, too obviously, but I have some notifs that are commission charts I'd otherwise lose to time, for example.

TL;DR - I treat my message centers like a dashboard of "things I need to remember + things I want to remember + what's new" and at the moment there's nothing that lets me flag individual items as the former two, besides making sure I never hit the button with red text

It doesn't harm my experience not being able to do this, mind, but I know mistakes happen, and I'd get pretty miserable if someday I just pressed the wrong buttons by mistake.