Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Furry D&D anyone? :V

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    amazing how weird things can get in your mind when you are bored.......... any way i never heard of iron claw either.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    This still an interest or a thing?
    I've played D&D. Mainly Pathfinder and just enough of 4e to realize it's a headache.
    It's easy to be "furry" in Pathfinder since it added a lot of anthro-animal races such as Kitsune and Catfolk. Let alone you could play as an animal/creature of any sort that had the spell Anthropomorphic Animal cast on it and then Permanency. Or just add in homebrew stuff with base stats pulled from one of the other anthro races.

I'm up for this Ironclaw D&D version though.

Weasyl
    N/A
    If someone is interested to develop a Furry "DnD-like" board game, we are developing a universe for the same reason. Me and my friends, in a team of 41 people constantly expanding, is working on the creation of Planet Nakti, basically a furry universe developed by the community. Our ultimate goal is to make a DnD-inspired RPG board game.

The only things though are that Nakti doesn't have magic nor elves/orcs/humans/hobbits, but only anthros, hybrid and non. It focuses on more realistic fighting tactics and strategies.
    Last edited by vpn; 05-09-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Weasyl
    Jaredthefox92
    Is this roleplay still active?

I don't really care for playing in a furry specific game but honestly I'd love to just find an online game of Pathfinder from whatever level. I keep trying to come up with ideas for custom races and I'd love to play with one of them or show them to people. 8U I'd probably be some insectoid race, a big mushroom man, or some sort of construct if I'm even allowed to be something so broken.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Solojo View Post
    I don't really care for playing in a furry specific game but honestly I'd love to just find an online game of Pathfinder from whatever level. I keep trying to come up with ideas for custom races and I'd love to play with one of them or show them to people. 8U I'd probably be some insectoid race, a big mushroom man, or some sort of construct if I'm even allowed to be something so broken.
    Oh hell yeah! I was a warforged once. It's a great race. But it can be far from over-powered if you're smart about it (probably dumb to some people but I like to have weaknesses). Especially since I went sorcerer route with him. The main issue was him rarely having to make concentration checks and of course, not getting fatigued or being able to go unconscious. But his 9 strength made up for most of that... weakest member of the party, ha ha. He was so heavy too that he could not lift himself if he was stuck somewhere. I couldn't wait to get Fly as a spell.

But I would love to have a custom race too. I'm sure I could figure out the mechanics. I'm already in two games of Pathfinder right now though. Not sure if I can fit another game in if one got started.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-02-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    Oh hell yeah! I was a warforged once. It's a great race. But it can be far from over-powered if you're smart about it (probably dumb to some people but I like to have weaknesses). Especially since I went sorcerer route with him. The main issue was him rarely having to make concentration checks and of course, not getting fatigued or being able to go unconscious. But his 9 strength made up for most of that... weakest member of the party, ha ha. He was so heavy too that he could not lift himself if he was stuck somewhere. I couldn't wait to get Fly as a spell.

But I would love to have a custom race too. I'm sure I could figure out the mechanics. I'm already in two games of Pathfinder right now though. Not sure if I can fit another game in if one got started.
    Aw yeah man once you get a copy of the advanced race book and figure out how the race builder works it's pretty easy! I already wrote up a Beetle/Rhino race, Squid/Eel race, and a Mole/Badger race (chimeras are kewl). Once I build the rest of them I actually wanna try to see if I can draw out ref sheets for them so all the weasyl people can see! = U= That'll probably get me some more hits too since people around here are more into animals and monsters than robits. But hey if you ever need an extra member for an online Pathfinder game you're in hook me up! I gots the need to roll bones and talk like a gruff punchin' beastman.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by dogpencil View Post
    Definitely check out IronClaw if you want tabletop furry style, here's a link.

D&D requires a lot rewriting to take into account the advantages and disadvantages of different species, Iron Claw is furry from top to bottom. I'd consider playing if someone were going to run a game.

I played a bunch of D&D 4th edition last year, i don't want to play D&D anymore...
    Here is your problem. You played 4th edition, anyone who plays D&D will tell you that was a horrible mistake. It's pretty much just Wizards of the Coast's response to the popularity of World of Warcraft. Either pick up a nice copy of 5th edition or better yet track down some good old 3.5 or even Pathfinders.

Honestly, what kind of masochist would put themselves through 4th edition, not to mention the sadist who DM'ed the whole thing.

Weasyl
    123mine123
    Is this one still active? I've suddenly taken an interest in D&D's but really not know anything about it that much nor read hand books.
    So really interested if this is still a thing with people teaching the ropes of things and probably play and get to adventures. c:
    | HaDouKeN!!! | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! | I'm here to fail! x3 |
    Currently an animator at some outsource animation company
    Visit me at Newgrounds! | Go to my Weasyl account!

Quote Originally Posted by Njorunn View Post
    I'm just going an intel gathering mission to see if there is any interest. I kind of want to try 5e, but furry style. x3 I typically end up being DM eventually, so I might just start as the DM even though I know nothing of 5e. :V But anyhow, anyone interested? I'd probably use roll20 as a medium.
    I would love to join if your still looking for players!