Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Target leaving Canada

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Maybe because it has the layout of a Bestbuy, the prices and deals of a wannabe Walmart, and a blood red interior wrapped up in the skin of a dead Zellers.
    I always thought all of that red was a poor choice of color.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I always thought all of that red was a poor choice of color.
    Yeah I hated it too. Zellers was red and white but they did it correctly; the majority of the store was grey and white with red accents. Target is mostly glaring red walls, giant red signs, and looks extremely busy because of this.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Lol, Target got booted 'cause who the hell shops there? It literally sells the same stuff than Wal-Mart but at almost twice the price and without the advantage of having a McDonalds.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Lol, Target got booted 'cause who the hell shops there? It literally sells the same stuff than Wal-Mart but at almost twice the price and without the advantage of having a McDonalds.
    People who don't have the best transportation to travel to Walmart? If I could I'd definitely shop there, but instead of wasting 3+ hrs of my time (round trip) via bus, I'd much rather take the 5 min walk to good ol' convenient Target. They also didn't get booted, they made the decision to leave. Apparently they calculated all the way up to like 2021 or something and it resulted in them not gaining any profit.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    I stopped shopping at Target (even though their jeans are cheap) after they banned cc firearms in their stores. That was several years ago.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh Whitefang View Post
    I stopped shopping at Target (even though their jeans are cheap) after they banned cc firearms in their stores. That was several years ago.
    I believe the name of the store is actually not an open invitation to regard it as a firing range.

Anyway, I live right across the street from a Target. Maybe I can sweep up some firesale-grade clearance deals when they pack up??
    Last edited by Noxid; 01-18-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    I believe the name of the store is actually not an open invitation to regard it as a firing range.

Anyway, I live right across the street from a Target. Maybe I can sweep up some firesale-grade clearance deals when they pack up??
    Good luck. I went in there on Boxing Day and it was a complete ripoff.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post

I was being serious though. Target asked all customers to not carry in their stores. That includes conceal carry. Now, its not being enforced per say and no posters were ever put up but still. Haven't shopped there since. We have Meijers here anyway, way better than target or wal-mart for that matter.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    People who don't have the best transportation to travel to Walmart? If I could I'd definitely shop there, but instead of wasting 3+ hrs of my time (round trip) via bus, I'd much rather take the 5 min walk to good ol' convenient Target. They also didn't get booted, they made the decision to leave. Apparently they calculated all the way up to like 2021 or something and it resulted in them not gaining any profit.
    Except Wal-Marts are everywhere and Targets are pretty dang rare. Where I come from there's only one Target in the entire region and here in the big cities, I've yet to see any. Meanwhile, you can find a Wal-Mart in almost every town because hey, it's Wal-Mart and it's made to be convenient.

Well no wonder Target was having problems in Canada. If they were selling things at twice the Price of Wal-Mart, then someone was clearly screwing up.

Even without the red cards, things are actually cheaper at Target than they are at Wal-Mart down here.