Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Target leaving Canada

Weasyl
    Noxid
    at this point I'm wondering what might move into these big empty box stores now that zellers is dead and Target ollie'd out

there's already one abandoned Zellers that's just rotting since Target didn't feel like placing two stores here, and now they're both empty. It doesn't look very good.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Zellers is dead? Huh, there's still a few where I come from. Don't see how it would die though, it's a pretty good shop.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Looking at a map, there are approx. 6 locations in all of canada that still house a Zellers
    So yeah, they might as well be dead. At least to me ( ○_○)

Weasyl
    therainbowtroll
    The target issue really makes me upset.

Like few years ago Zellers sold out and it was sad seeing everything being taken down and it being sold. It was a Canadian business and I freaken loved Zellers! My mom had a HUGE Zeddie bear plushie! (He was a mascot)

Not only loosing the Canadian store I grew up with I saw many good people loose thier jobs. The unemployment rate in Toronto is HIGH AS FUCK. NO one can get a job here. I had to go all the way to wonderland for my FIRST job.

Now having target come sounded awsome to me. I wanted some exclusive pony shit and they had it. Fun. Few years go by and I notice some things that make me feel....meh.

I travled outside Toronto with some buddies and went to a target. Now I understand its a chain store but....IT HAD THE EXACT SAME LAYOUT! Like....exact. It freaked me out SO much. Also it was deserted. The store was silent. We went to one in a small town so I kinda figured it would be a hub.....but no. We were the only customers there.

Then the news came that they would be leaving... I was PISSEED

not only did they kick out one of the best Canadian stores BUT they stormed in doing NO research about Canadian consumers (beacuse we are just cold Americans apparently....) then relised THEY fucked up and BAILED leaving behind a HUUUGGGE mess for US to clean up.

I feel crushed seeing all the employees at my local target. When I first shoped there they cared so much for thier jobs and I always had a nice time. They seemed to GIVE A SHIT

Now I go there and well....they dont give a fuck. I dont blame them. The stores a mess just like the Zellers were then they went out of buisness. I find it so lazy and disrespectful. Seriously if your going to go into another contries market place DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I want more pet stores that sell food you can get at Petsmart AND Pet Valu
    Fuck driving across town to the other store because the one you went to didn't have the damn food.

Weasyl
    Lunarscape
    I'd heard that Walmart had bought quite a few of the buildings that Target was in

Weasyl
    oly
    Yeah, it's probably walmart going into a lot of them.

The other day my friend literally walked around target eating an icecream he just grabbed off the shelf and then walked out the front door with an air mattress without paying. Nobody even said anything or looked at us. They don't give a FUCK.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    A few weeks ago I read an article in the newspaper about a guy who shoplifted a PS3 controller from target, and he was ordered to "pay for it before they went out of business"

I thought that was kind of funny

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #39
    Weasyl
    NovaCaine
    I know the Target in the mall I work at will be replaced with a Gold Gym.
    kinda funny since World Health is in the same building with a Fit for Less down the road, and then Spa Lady up the street lol
    I have a secret.​
    A dark, furry secret with big teeth.​
    Less a secret, really - more a wolf.