Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Popchips are something I'm more or less not allowed to buy. Popchips and Cheez-Its. I have no self control with them, somehow.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    If you're gonna do chips and stuff, don't eat directly out of the bag. Get a plate, take a handful, put the bag away and then leave the kitchen with the plate. Because the only thing that can stop you is your own laziness. :v
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    If you're gonna do chips and stuff, don't eat directly out of the bag. Get a plate, take a handful, put the bag away and then leave the kitchen with the plate. Because the only thing that can stop you is your own laziness. :v
    I know right?

Not buying them more than on the rare occasion helps too.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    I usually have to be the heavy and make him do this most of the time, heh. I have a long ingrained habit of putting my snacks in bowls or plates because I freely admit I hate having a box or bag in my lap or next to me when I'm playing games or reading, (also this habit was developed due to me keeping snacks away from my art area so there is that).

Oh, junk food and delicious empty calories...I have a weakness for a lot of different kinds but since I have willpower of steel, I don't eat stuff like that much anymore. If I can actually allow myself to indulge, I love chocolate, coffee-flavored stuff, frozen yogurt/or any sort of ice cream, Mochi balls and gummies. My palate these days is very discerning so I generally turn my nose up at anything not of at least decent quality, which further keeps my junk food focus limited.

Microbrew or "vintage" sodas, hard cider and Monster drinks however are an extreme weakness and must be kept away from me lest I turn irate.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Is hard cider really considered junk food? I know it is alcohol, but still (unless I'm confusing it for something else).

Personally, I like those fried corn-kernels that they have in the Chinese supermarket near where I study. They're so crunchy and delicious even though I know they're so goddamn unhealthy. ; ~ ;

Though, for the most part I'm pretty good at curbing the "junk food"-urge by either making tea (I heard that sometimes the "hunger" you feel is actually thirst, so I try to drink tea or water and see if I'm still hungry) or going for fruit (or cherry tomatoes) if I have them at home. Otherwise: I'm a goddamn cookie-monster, man. :c

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Weasyl
    MLR
    There's this chain in Cleveland called Guy's pizza, and they serve the most awful, greasy, salty, doughy calzones ever, but for some reason I find myself getting one like every month or so. Their 'regular' size (which is gigantic) probably has 1200 Calories.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Is hard cider really considered junk food? I know it is alcohol, but still (unless I'm confusing it for something else).
    I consider it junk food for two main reasons: for one, it isn't really a "necessary" type of food and doesn't give any appreciable nutrients and for two, hard cider as a general rule is rather high in calories.

Doesn't stop me though.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    There's this chain in Cleveland called Guy's pizza, and they serve the most awful, greasy, salty, doughy calzones ever, but for some reason I find myself getting one like every month or so. Their 'regular' size (which is gigantic) probably has 1200 Calories.
    1200 sounds low for a whole pizza.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    mrindigo
    During the summer months, I'll definitely fiend over a bag of saltwater taffy.