Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Otherkin?

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    I'm not therian or otherkin. I suppose I do identify with felines more than some people do (crazy cat ladies aside).

I do however know someone who considers herself a Therian. Mainly due to her disconnect with her fellow humans. She has not specified any animal exactly. And she is not certain of being Therian. But she defaults to many animal mentalities similar to both felines and canines. She deals with horses on a daily basis. Training them, running them; bonding with them. So in some ways she has also displayed horse-like traits but this might just be a rub-off.

She says she is many things, but not to pose or even to fit in. But more so she is an enigma even to herself and trying to put any sort of label to her just slips off eventually. Personally, I think that there is some validity to her being Therian on some level though. At least enough that she could easily identify with other Therians, but I'm not certain if she has met any.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    (old thread is old...but whatever)

Hehehe...otherkin

Well it's not like I had not considered the possibility once. Otherkin/Therianism is probably something I would feel because it's essentially this weird and deep inexplicable connection to a certain element/subject. I've been obsessed with animals and wolves since forever, and always 'been' one in the sense it's closest to my identity somehow.

As far as 'literally' being one in a spirit...I've declined to call myself otherkin for the sake of being a realist, Im human and i'm not delusional. Sorry otherkins, but this concept is rather new and a lot of you identify as imaginary characters and inanimate objects and stuff, which doesn't make any sense at all...some of them are a bit mad but I'll roll my eyes and let it slide. Therians are a bit more realistic in a sense that they have historical basis for centuries and revolve around living species rather than nonliving or confirmed-imaginary ones.

So I guess...yeah if you're going to be an otherkin/therian/whatever be reasonable about it, but I can't feel expected to take it seriously as if it's real, I'd smile and laugh and say you're weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GlaringFeline View Post
    I'm alright with Otherkin as long as they're not the Tumblr "I'M FICTIONKIN RESPEKT MUH PRONOUNS!!!" people. I believe -kin pronouns were made by Tumblr snowflakes to make themselves feel special. I don't have any beef with people who believe in spirit animals or people that think they were an animal in a past life, I'm only against the people who are doing it to be special snowflakes.

EDIT: I agree with Bornes, believing you were an animal in a past life is fine as long as you can accept that you're human now.
    This especially...I am not going to use your fictional pronouns...those are made up...jeez. We even call dogs 'he' or 'she' or 'it', no need to make up new special pronoun words just to suit your Snowflake Syndrome needs.
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    I sexually identify as an attack helicopter. You will respect me.
    In all seriousness, I am an average human teenager. While I would gladly turn into my fursona, I do not try to view myself as something other than human. That being said, I think it would be quite fun to pretend you are an animal every now and then. I guess I am just an average furry.

Weasyl
    N/A
    oh god tumblr..no matter what group or fandom you're apart of, it always seems like the worst of the group are on there

Weasyl
    maugryph
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinon View Post
    oh god tumblr..no matter what group or fandom you're apart of, it always seems like the worst of the group are on there
    I agree:
    Tumblr = drama

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I never got the reasoning behind focusing hate onto tumblr for reasons such as drama.
    I mean, it's a pretty big website, right? It homes pretty much every fandom ever, and many other things in some way.

Of course there's going to be drama. Drama is in all fandoms - heck, even anywhere there's just a group of people there's going to be drama :v

Weasyl
    N/A
    lol, yea..but i personally seem to hear about it more since its a bigger site and covers all these fandoms, word spreads out wider i guess but while there is drama in every fandom or group of people tumblr seems to host the biggest dramas or the most ludicrous ones, which i will not say but this shit stirrer word begins with F