Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    Quote Originally Posted by sushy View Post
    Same goal as 2014, earn a living with my art XD
    (and gain 500 subscribers for my comic 0____0)
    I would love to earn a living with my art but I feel for me it is a long term goal because I know it really isn't easy to do. However best of luck!

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Is it not a long term goal for all? :v

Keep on working at it, y'all

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Is it not a long term goal for all? :v

Keep on working at it, y'all
    I think so people actually do want it more than others to be fair. We are all also at very different stages, and not just in terms of skill either. Also some people are happy to be hobbyists because some people don't want their hobby to be their job, since they think it would kill their love for art. Also some people do actively try harder than others to make it a reality.

I actually want it so badly, more than anything actually for some very personal reasons. It is not a mild hope for me, it is kind of what keeps me going. However I accept that it is a goal you have to work really hard for, and there will be a long line of rejections. I would also have to consider making money from more than one source with my art too. It is something I have put a lot of research into because it is something I want so badly.

Although due to other reasons, I am not sending off my portfolio to companies and trying to get them to hire me. Hence why I consider it a long term goal because I am not at a stage to where I am ready to do this yet. It is much more of a forward goal if you are actively seeking work in the art industry. Arguably people who are doing this can consider it more of a goal than me. It would be less of a long term goal as well at this point. However I don't know many people who are actually doing this.

Speaking of which, some of us have a much more understanding that the art industry than others, and being an artist and making an actual living out of your art kind of takes a lot. Like some of us may already be making some money, but there is a lot of other skills needed for it to be considered you full time job. It also is not something that is going to happen overnight either.

So actually it is not a goal for us all, and sometimes sad to say it is not a realistic goal for us all.

Not to knock anyone's skill, but because of how much other things you would need to understand to make a full living from your art. Since you would also have to understand taxes in the same way someone else who is running their own business would.

There is so much to take into account, and far more then just making art.

being an artist as a full time job is actually really hard.

Have all my art uploaded from DA Day by day.

Finish all the remaining requests I have.
    Start taking 2~3 comissions a month.
    Expand my gallery for safe non-suggestive material on Pixiv and Weasyl to fit more the demographic.

Weasyl
    Obsydian
    My newest goal is trying to draw or doodle daily. While tough at times, it's been beneficial to my growth as an artist. I picked up a new style for myself that is less generic, finally, and learned a new style of coloring when starting this. It's only been about a week and there has been exponential growth.

My art partner and I are thinking about creating an art book that includes concept art, sketches and finished work with black and white and full color pages. This book would include a mix of both my art and my partners and the subject matter would be general, including “anime style” characters, anthros, demons and creatures, dragons and more. In the future we would like to create a concept art book for the graphic novel that we are working on as well, so this project would be a sort of test run.
    But we are questioning weather or not the time and money it will require will be worth it. Neither of us have very large followings, (I have about 180 watchers on Deviantart) and less on other art websites.