Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx

It's 2015, what are your projects and art goals?

For those that were here this time last year, you may have remembered that I posted a similar thread at the beginning of 2014. It is now a year later, so a retrospective and a new set of goals are in order!

So, what are your first big projects or major creative exploits you intend to tackle for this year? What do you want to accomplish most? And just like I stated in the old thread, it's not just the visual arts you can chime in on. All forms of creative expression are encouraged in this discussion, as we are all artists in some capacity.

Extra Credit: if you happened to post in last year's thread, by looking back did you end up accomplishing what you set out to do in 2014? Still working on it? Took it in a completely different direction? Or did you take an inglorious pratfall?

For myself, looking back I did indeed meet and exceed expectations on that project I did, and even tackled multiple others later in the year. I never did do that "Draw This Again" exercise but that might be a hopeful thing this year instead. Ended up going on a different tack with worldbuilding instead of getting into drawing comics, but in the end I'm happier for it I think. I don't have any impending major things this year, so it all feels like a clean slate. Lots of upcoming trades and such though, which I'm eager to push the envelope with!

Weasyl
    Getta
    I completed 100 pages of my graphic novel "The Sprawl" before 2014 was out.

I intend to complete at least a hundred more before 2015 is through.

http://www.drawholic.net/

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    I want my art dolls to be at the level were they can be sold.

I would like to draw more anthro in general along with improving on coloring and line art.

Weasyl
    ShinePaw
    Improving my human drawing skills and continuing working on my little comic, DomestiCats and also starting working on my other comic idea

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    There's two or three other projects I'd like to get started on. I'd like to get better at coloring so I can start selling commissions (or maybe I'll just do black and white since that's what I seem to be best at? It's certainly something to think about...) I'd like to keep my manga going strong, even if no one else seems interested in it. =D
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Start drawing regularly, plain and simple, and keep a sketchbook thread.

Put together a ref sheet and a badge in the next six weeks.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Getta
    Once you get the momentum going it's not so hard.

Set a time limit for how long you're willing to spend per page, then set a schedule for how many pages per week, when you'll work on them, and where you'll be when working on them if applicable (I find it far easier to work out of the house). The more of a routine you make it, the easier it is to stick with it.

This also means you can't be a perfectionist. Not every panel is going to be your best work. Keep pushing on ahead. Worry more about making the next page better than trying to fix the last page.

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    I wanna get my comic done and start selling, as well as make progress with my musical proficiency.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Backgrounds, perspective & learning about composition is at the top of my list! I also want to carry on with where I left off on Vilppu's lessons and get a better grasp on realism. I feel like I've only skimmed the top of it - there's just so much to learn and explore. Though I never posted in the previous thread, last years goal was to become better at colouring and painting (for the most part) and I've definitely improved, but working towards how to use colour more properly to express the mood in a piece is something I want to figure out.

It's neat seeing so many wanting to do a comic! My brother is pretty interested in that as wel, it'd be wicked to see more of them on here. ;3