Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Lang
    My biggest goal is to use the skills I learned I learned in school and create my own animatic just for fun. Smaller goal includes improving male anatomy and learning how to draw female anatomy. I think I'm doing fine on faces, so now it's time to move on.

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    First I'd like to point out that I'm pleasantly surprised that this thread is still going on, even though it's well passed New Years. This is a good thing! Don't make it so it's only the month of January to grow and improve, but the entire year. I know I didn't really post any solid goals when I started this thread but regardless, everything I've set out to do so far as worked out and 2015 art wise has been productive and prolific.

Quote Originally Posted by Exindiv View Post
    My goal is the same as last year: don't let a month go by without posting something.
    I will not have another seven years of silence.
    This is a stand-up attitude to have. I know what it's like to recover from extended art blocks (seven years though? I can't even imagine) so just being consistent with your productivity is a feat of strength when crawling out of that kind of hole. I hope so far you've been able to deliver on your own promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    That's a pretty good goal! I think I should adopt something similar, as my gallery uploads tend to be few and far between.

In addition to my previous goal, I also forgot to say that I'd like to become more social in the art community.That would include being more active here, and commenting and faving other people's things on the main site. Right now I'm just in my own little bubble of friends, but it would be nice to be more connected in the community.
    That second point of yours is what I'm trying to do more this year as well. It's a bit hard sometimes being extremely introverted and aloof, but I genuinely like talking with other creators and artists. It helps expand and enrich your own experiences with your own work I've found. Also generally trying to network better, which is why I'm putting myself out there in the public more than I used to with conventions and art shows.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Exindiv View Post
    My goal is the same as last year: don't let a month go by without posting something.
    I will not have another seven years of silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyopteryx View Post
    This is a stand-up attitude to have. I know what it's like to recover from extended art blocks (seven years though? I can't even imagine) so just being consistent with your productivity is a feat of strength when crawling out of that kind of hole. I hope so far you've been able to deliver on your own promise!
    I had a 2 year span of falling out of making art myself, which I'm only just recovering from. I also could not imagine 7 years though without making anything. Even though I was not posting stuff up to sites I was still drawing now and again. I'll root for you Exindiv! It can be tough to find a point to start back up at and get the momentum of making art going, but I'm sure you can do it.

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    Oh this is a really cool post idea? On last years did people encourage each other and give updates on their goals?

My overall art goals is to try and vary on body types. Since well I don't do that enough, and I since people vary so much I should try and show that more. I also want to vary my faces more, years ago I had same face syndrome since I had backgrounds as an anime artist. However I still want to add more overall variation to that. I also want to try and vary my subject matter more, my default is a lot of women and my characters.

As for projects. I have only just started one. However I am wanting to do about different folk/fay/fae/fairy creatures from the British Isles. Since I have a Norwegian friend is sharing some of the creatures of myth there. I think culture should be shared and celebrated so it seems like a lot of fun. So far I have drawn two and I know what my next target it, which I am hoping to start tomorrow. Since I am doing a little bit of research a long side actually doing the art.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    10k view page on DA get.

I guess the goal was a little too small so it's time to make that 13k instead then.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Draw much gooder. Yes!

Weasyl
    SailorX2
    Finish more sets in my historical Hetalia fashion series. I'm obsessive when it comes to details and historical accuracy (even popular styles of eyebrows kinda detail), and I've got quite a few countries and era's selected already, male and female, so it's a pretty intense project. I've got three sets done already (England, fem!England, and fem!America), 8 outfits per set (though one's the canon design).
    "And that ability to suffer fools, to tolerate annoyance, that's literally the one single thing that allows you to function in a world populated by other people who aren't you. Otherwise, you turn emo. Science has proven it."
    -Cracked.com

Trying to get my business off the ground O_____O

Weasyl
    Pignog
    My new year's resolution was to plan, write, and illustrate a complete comic. I've been mostly on track despite work and instability in my life, but it looks like I might miss the goal by a month or two. I've almost illustrate half the pages to my first comic. 2016 I plan to branch out more.

Weasyl
    sushy
    Same goal as 2014, earn a living with my art XD
    (and gain 500 subscribers for my comic 0____0)