Thread: Howdy-Doody!

Weasyl
    SunnySideUp

Howdy-Doody!

Hello (Weasyl) world!

I'm Sunny- a newbie here and to the fandom and forums in general, but I suppose the only way to get better at/more comfortable with something is to practice it, eh?
    I'm in college studying Cognitive Science and gearing up to get into learning and memory research. I enjoy a mix of hobbies from doodling to paragliding- I'm up for just about anything!
    Anyways, hoping to meet some interesting people and have some interesting discussions on here :> Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll see you around!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Hi Sunny, and welcome! Cognitive science, eh? I started out as a psych major, then changed to English. When you figure out how to improve memory, gimmie a shout...mine could use some

Hope ya have fun here.

Welcome to the forums! You'll soon get the hang of it, it's easy after a while.

CogSci furs :O What do you guys do?

You actually paraglide? What inspired you to get into that?

Weasyl
    SunnySideUp
    Quote Originally Posted by SimoSkunk View Post
    Hi Sunny, and welcome! Cognitive science, eh? I started out as a psych major, then changed to English. When you figure out how to improve memory, gimmie a shout...mine could use some

Hope ya have fun here.
    Oh neat! Psychology and English don't seem all that different when you get down to it. Lots of writing and analysis to be done in both. Haha you got it :] Thanks for the warm welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    Welcome to the forums! You'll soon get the hang of it, it's easy after a while.

CogSci furs :O What do you guys do?

You actually paraglide? What inspired you to get into that?
    Hey thanks! I sure hope so :]

Hehehe :> CogSci is pretty much an interdisciplinary, model-heavy psychology. It's a lot of tracking where information is going where and in what form!

And I do! Not as much now as I used to, but every once in a while I find it hard to resist and nice glide about the cliffs. I really love flying, fresh air, learning new skills and trying new things, so when the local gliderport had a special going on for lessons I jumped on it! Would certainly recommend if you get the chance :]

Weasyl
    Nillou
    Hi sunny!! i'm stan and i'm also kind of a baby in the furry fandom too

was paragliding scary at first??

Weasyl
    SunnySideUp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillou View Post
    Hi sunny!! i'm stan and i'm also kind of a baby in the furry fandom too

was paragliding scary at first??
    Hey Nillou! :> Pleased to make your acquaintance.

It was a little scary, but only up to your flight. You start over-thinking things, like what could go wrong and how strange it is that you're planning on soaring around with what amounts to essentially a tarp tethered to a chair-seat with strings! Haha :] The run before you fly is way scarier than actually being in the air though, which is just exhilarating.

Hi Sunny,

Welcome to the forums and the fandom!
    I hope you'll enjoy your stay and everyone is pretty cool here so you got nothing to worry about :3

Weasyl
    SunnySideUp
    Hi there Keeto,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I've been shown nothing but kindness since the moment I got here- it's great! :>

Sounds pretty awesome! I'm terrified of heights though (well, not heights… more the falling rapidly towards the ground!)

Weasyl
    SunnySideUp
    Haha Nightpaws, I am actually terrified of heights! You couldn't PAY me to go on a ferris wheel, go rock climbing, or do anything where you're essentially suspended at a moderate height. Something about having control and moving at a height where if something went wrong you could throw a reserve makes it way more manageable for me :]