Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Year's Resolutions

Weasyl
    N/A
    To bust through all the anime I have on my to-watch list! Also, to get a job. Countdown is on!

Weasyl
    Tiido
    * 2048 x 1536
    * Draw more
    * Make more music
    * Finish some games I am working on
    * Build my invention and hopefully get rich

1: Throw more parties. At some point during my New Years party I realized I needed to have more of these in my life, simply once a year is not enough. It might have been when I was doing sexually explicit things to a fine woman on the couch while drunk/blazed out of my gourd and watching the Big Lebowski, it might have been during a 4-way N64 Smash Bros. tourny, or maybe it was while I had a BK Whopper taped to one hand and a 40oz. taped to another while my friend was mixing a bloody mary in a punch bowl with other Whoppers. I live in a house with cool roommates that's on the free-for-students bus route and within walking distance of an ABC store, a wing place, great bad chinese, a 7-11, a Safeway, and a McDonalds. There is no reason this place shouldn't be a party house.

2: Socialize more. Part of getting a party together is getting people together and I need to know more people. Moving a lot has hindered this, I know some groovy gentlemen but most of them are computer nerds without a lot of social friends. I know some fly chicks, but they're all far away. I need to meet people in the area to pull the party off.

3: Work on getting swole. I've heard women say they think a man's mind is sexier than his six-pack, but I've never had a girl ask to see my transcript before. Either way, while I'm in college and the gym is free anyway why not work on both?

4: Get a tattoo. When I turned 18 and all my friends were getting tattoos, I told myself no. Tattoos are forever, so I made a rule for myself; any idea I had would need to wait 6 months. If after half a year it still sounded like a good idea I'd go ahead with it. Well, I finally settled on one that passed the test. I wanna get the Suffer boy on my arm from the Bad Religion album :3

5: Start a D&D group. I wanted to get this going my first semester and never got around to it due to work and school taking up so much of my free time. Now I have the free time and no excuse not to. This also ties neatly into 1 and 2.

Leave it to TA to turn a post about self-improvement into a secret bragging post.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    1. Work on more of my personal projects.
    2. Get finances in order.
    3. Get married (this is actually #1)
    4. Get a car.
    5. Get a new place.
    6. Fetch my head which seems to have bounced off into limbo. Oh fiddle-dee-dee.

Weasyl
    Jim-Medic-Dude(NSFW), Jim
    I'm hoping to graduate with my B.S. this year, and find meaningful work in a different town/city. I've been going to college and working part-time here for years and nothing's changing and it's kinda getting me burnt out. I'd like to just take the one degree I've completed and wrap up the paramedic stuff elsewhere that's a little more exciting.

I'd also like to draw more, in general, and get out of this funk I've gotten into this past semester. Drawing used to be a lot more fulfilling for me but for some reason I've been using every excuse to put it aside lately, I'd like to change that.

In addition I want to play video games more. I love video games but for the past year it's me going for weeks on end not playing any at all, then binging on a weekend and trying in vain to get caught up on my backlog. I'm hoping that finally getting out of the undergrad life will give me more time for that. I'd like to start getting excited for new games and getting lost in gameplay again, I miss that. <:

And not a resolution so much as maintaining an old one, but I'd like to keep exercising/working out like I have been. :3

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Weasyl
    jaunsker
    My new year resolutions are:
    1. Write a short story each week using a random story generator.
    2. Start attending college.
    3. Be more social/get more friends.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Hello, I am Loafy. This year I will do these things:

1. continue to improve as a person
    2. be more sociable (that includes internet!)
    3. play guitar for one hour a day minimum
    4. learn to bake bread
    5. complete C25K

Weasyl
    pinardilla
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

This thread is depressing.
    Get a loada this guy here.