Thread: Hello

Weasyl
    Phyxius

Hello

I'm Phyxius! I'm in college studying Computer Science, hoping to get into into security. I'm new to the whole furry thing, but you guys seem like nice people so I'm overcoming my introversion and actually posting and stuff.
    I'm on Steam, mostly play DOTA and TF2, and I like to read SF/F a lot.

Welcome to the fandom Phyxius, another Computer Science fur here studying with the same goal too!

Hope you enjoy your time on Weasyl! Get yourself to some meets and I'm sure you'll have a great time in the fandom!

How's the CompSci going for you? Finding it easy/tough?

Weasyl
    Phyxius
    So far it's been pretty easy; all the classes I've taken were just basic level stuff I taught myself back when I decided to learn to program. Next semester I start the real stuff, starting with Data Structures, so I'm not sure how easy that will be.
    How has it been for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
    So far it's been pretty easy; all the classes I've taken were just basic level stuff I taught myself back when I decided to learn to program. Next semester I start the real stuff, starting with Data Structures, so I'm not sure how easy that will be.
    How has it been for you?
    It's been fairly balanced so far.

First year was a breeze as it was just going over stuff I already knew, but in our's we've covered architecture to an insane level, drowned in logic and algorithms, and covered a variety of networking areas from structural aspects to securing them. Next semester is App development so that'll be a nice change as we've not had any 'App' stuff so far.

Hi Phyxius,

Welcome to the fandom as well as the forums.

I hope you have fun here :3