Christmas related movies/shows/specials

Hi guys! It's one week before Christmas and I would like to share and discover some Christmas related movies/shows/specials. I will start posting a few that I know:

Twelve Days of Christmas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7uehsuy2s (cartoon special based on the song with same name, pretty nostalgic one)

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwY6ZNmV1OU (animated movie based on the song with same name, *not the clay animation one)

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (clay animation) *Unfortunately I can't find the clay animation version of Rudolph, probably was removed from youtube.

Mickey's Christmas Carol: the movie based on the book with classic Disney Characters.

Muppet Christmas Carol: also based on the book, only with the Muppets.

There's a lot more (half of them from Disney), but I will post as I remember. And sorry for posting only children movies, but they are so nostalgic to me. Feel free to share some too.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Family tradition for me was alway to watch A Christmas Story, the heartwarming tale of a boy and his quest for the greatest christmas present, an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle.

I also really like The Year Without A Santa Claus, and the other stop-motion christmas specials from that era. There's definitely a certain charm to that kind of style that you don't get these days.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Die Hard.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    Family tradition for me was always to watch A Christmas Story, the heartwarming tale of a boy and his quest for the greatest christmas present, an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle.
    ^This, every year! Bad Santa is quickly becoming a family favourite, too. :3

I saw Bad Santa for the first time this year, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Scrooged is another good one if you like your holiday cheer with a little bite.

And when it comes to more traditional Christmas fare, it's hard to beat the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim as Scrooge. Forget movies about suicidal bankers, this is the definitive Christmas movie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    Family tradition for me was alway to watch A Christmas Story, the heartwarming tale of a boy and his quest for the greatest christmas present, an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle.
    Oh god, I remember this movie! Pretty nostalgic one too.
    I been trying to remember more Christmas related movies and I thought of:

The Nightmare Before Christmas (works also for Halloween)

Edward Scissorhands (made me cry A LOT)

Home Alone (I used to love this movie)

Polar Express (pretty good one)

Also, there is some more recent ones: like Frozen and Arthur's Christmas.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    NovaCaine
    My dad and I love to watch 'Scrooged' each year, Christmas comedy featuring Bill Murray based of a Christmas carol. Quite hilarious. love it!
    As well we have begun watching 'The Polar Express' each year as well. I have fallen in love with it
    I have a secret.​
    A dark, furry secret with big teeth.​
    Less a secret, really - more a wolf.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    I like B movies, so SANTA CLAUS here makes my list all year round, because holy shit it is so terrible. It's a Mexican-made hour-and-a-half of pure racism and wholehearted wtf, notably featuring Santa's dastardly nemesis as no other than Satan himself, who unfortunately only cares enough to send a demon to try and kill Santa. Repeatedly.

You can legally watch the whole thing online, on YouTube. It is that damn bad. Nobody wants the copyright to it anymore.

Aww. It said "This video is not available". I was kind of curious (and scared) since it looks like a pretty unique film. Anyway, thanks everyone for sharing their favorite Christmas specials/movies! Hope to see more next year.

Weasyl
    The Pink Rose Of Texas
    Christmas-themed movies:
    >the Home Alone trilogy
    >The Santa Clause
    >Ernest Saves Christmas

Christmas-themed TV specials:
    >Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
    >Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
    >A Year Without A Santa Claus
    >Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
    >A Charlie Brown Christmas