Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: changing user name?

  1. #1

    changing user name?

    I'd like to change my user name to Coffeepup (from Coffeehousedog) if the name is still available? I tried sending an email with that request to the email address provided in the FAQ but it keeps getting bounced back to me. Thanks for any help with this matter!

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Retired Staff Tiger's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    grrl
    Posts
    1,287
    Username changed, feel free to post here again if there are any issues/you have any further comments, questions, or concerns!

  3. #3
    Hi I'm running into this exact same issue. I would like to change my username from "halflight" to "PirateLynLyn" I've tried sending an email after the first one failed and it looks like I'm getting bounced back again.

    I get the following error message:
    "Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain"

    Thanks for any help!

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by piratelynlyn View Post
    Hi I'm running into this exact same issue. I would like to change my username from "halflight" to "PirateLynLyn" I've tried sending an email after the first one failed and it looks like I'm getting bounced back again.

    I get the following error message:
    "Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain"

    Thanks for any help!
    Could you pm me the full email header and text? It'll help us figure out if the mailing issue was from earlier this week today.

  5. #5
    I pm'd the first one and the last one from the first time I sent it. I recieved 2 more that are similar and quickly looking through it's pretty much the same minus the countdown. Would you like me to send you the email text from the try after the first one failed?

    Thank you so much for looking at this.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Looks like our mail server was being wonky off and on lately. Hopefully all should be fixed now.

  7. #7
    Just curious, how long does it take for emails regarding this to be responded to? I sent two emails and I guess I'm still waiting to see if it's possible to change my current username SickThePrick to SickFeathers

    I have no idea why I thought having "Prick" in my username was charming, probably a retrospect kind of thing.

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by SickFeathers View Post
    Just curious, how long does it take for emails regarding this to be responded to? I sent two emails and I guess I'm still waiting to see if it's possible to change my current username SickThePrick to SickFeathers

    I have no idea why I thought having "Prick" in my username was charming, probably a retrospect kind of thing.
    Usually doesn't take too long but we've had a large surge in support emails recently, and we also had an issue where e-mails weren't being received.

    Did you mention your current username in the email? Because I did a search and didn't find anything mentioning "sicktheprick" or "sickfeathers" so I'm wondering if the e-mail even got received.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Usually doesn't take too long but we've had a large surge in support emails recently, and we also had an issue where e-mails weren't being received.

    Did you mention your current username in the email? Because I did a search and didn't find anything mentioning "sicktheprick" or "sickfeathers" so I'm wondering if the e-mail even got received.
    Yes, on both emails I made sure both were clearly labeled with "Current Username" and "Desired Username"
    I'm sure there are a LOT of emails to go through so I'm sure that it's a pain and some may get lost! I just REALLY am regretful of my current username SickThePrick so I really would like to have it changed honestly.

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by SickFeathers View Post
    Yes, on both emails I made sure both were clearly labeled with "Current Username" and "Desired Username"
    I'm sure there are a LOT of emails to go through so I'm sure that it's a pain and some may get lost! I just REALLY am regretful of my current username SickThePrick so I really would like to have it changed honestly.
    I'll just get it changed for you since it looks like the emails didn't get through at all.

    You should be able to login as "SickFeathers" now.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •