Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: BJD Collector Community

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    Quote Originally Posted by sudro View Post
    Oh...I'm planning to save for getting one...
    That is awesome, when you have saved up then if you want to drop me a message to help you find one then I don't mind. You have to be careful not to buy fakes. Since you will not be accepted by certain parts of the community because of the damage they do. Since the companies are only small.

However they are a few for people at different price ranges, and I think they are honestly worth the money.

Thank you! yup I interested for very long time....especially for fashion designing and portrait photography training things....
    if I have a problem I'm going to drop a help messages here.

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    Thank you! yup I interested for very long time....especially for fashion designing and portrait photography training things....
    if I have a problem I'm going to drop a help messages here.
    I think it is good for both of those, since it is a hobby that there is a lot of skills that can be used in the hobby and it has many outlets. So many people are in the hobby for different reasons. I know it has really improved my photography a lot. I also know of people who are fashion designers as well. However a lot of people if they can do try making their own clothes because how how expensive they can be, so that could tie in with your fashion design.

A company I like to show new people is a company called Withdoll, since they actually are really good and are on the lower end of cost. However not the cheapest, but they also have sales on every so often and as events offer a lot more resin colours than most. It is a company I really like a lot actually.

Hmmm....I see
    I'll check it out! Thank you!

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    Hmmm....I see
    I'll check it out! Thank you!
    No problem, if you need any more help give me a shout!

Weasyl
    lilachoneydeer
    Ahhh I have always loved BJD's from a distance, whenever I see collectors around conventions I just sort of have this longing to approach them just to admire their dolls (I don't want to seem awkward though xD). I have scoured lots of sites and have fallen in love with Blue Fairy's work the most and I suppose one day when it's more affordable for me I'll try saving up for one of those, but in the meantime I've always on-and-off considered saving for a Lutz Zuzu Delf; I've been favoring the frise! I love Anthro BJD's and I love photography as well, I already own a Nikon D5200 so the idea of having pretty little dolls to be my own personal art canvases and models seems really appealing ^_^
    ♪ ♫ ♪ ✿ ~ Moth the Whitetail Doe ~ ✿ ♪ ♫ ♪
    FurAffinityDeviantArtInstagramTumblr

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    Quote Originally Posted by paroapockinroo View Post
    Ahhh I have always loved BJD's from a distance, whenever I see collectors around conventions I just sort of have this longing to approach them just to admire their dolls (I don't want to seem awkward though xD). I have scoured lots of sites and have fallen in love with Blue Fairy's work the most and I suppose one day when it's more affordable for me I'll try saving up for one of those, but in the meantime I've always on-and-off considered saving for a Lutz Zuzu Delf; I've been favoring the frise! I love Anthro BJD's and I love photography as well, I already own a Nikon D5200 so the idea of having pretty little dolls to be my own personal art canvases and models seems really appealing ^_^
    I like Blue Fairy a lot actually. I think there dolls are really cute, but they don't "fit in" with how my doll group currently look. So I mainly admire them. I have a friend who owns a couple though, so I live my love of them through her, and photo's.

I would say, oh don't be afraid and chat to people. However I will admit within the hobby people are very hit and miss. Some people will be excited that you show an interest and will be really friendly with you. Probably even let you hold and play with the doll. Others will be a lot more distant and get very funny about other people touching their dolls as a whole. The hobby also has it's bitchy side.

However there are decent people though.

I love the photography too, that is what got me into it actually. So it is really cool you already own a camera.

I certainly think they are well worth saving for, since I do actually get a lot out of them. From the sounds of it, I think you probably would too. Although there are people who chat to people in the hobby, who still don't know what they want their first doll to be.

Weasyl
    tapeworm
    I found a couple I might get sometime, I might have said that before. But before I said it, there was only one.

And I also finished another one
    https://www.weasyl.com/submission/1135429/fhjfn

I have a third that's getting close.
    http://lavalampbelly.tumblr.com/post...ne-i-might-add

Weasyl
    lilachoneydeer
    It might be worth considering more then! And ah yes I am aware of the finnicky / bitchy side hahah but I don't take it to too much offense, seems a bit similar to the Lolita community, which I am not actively apart of but have dabbled in the likes of in the past. All artists are protective of their work to different degrees is all, I suppose. Anywho, glad to hear about your experiences enjoying it ^_^
    ♪ ♫ ♪ ✿ ~ Moth the Whitetail Doe ~ ✿ ♪ ♫ ♪
    FurAffinityDeviantArtInstagramTumblr

Weasyl
    Karla-Chan
    Quote Originally Posted by paroapockinroo View Post
    It might be worth considering more then! And ah yes I am aware of the finnicky / bitchy side hahah but I don't take it to too much offense, seems a bit similar to the Lolita community, which I am not actively apart of but have dabbled in the likes of in the past. All artists are protective of their work to different degrees is all, I suppose. Anywho, glad to hear about your experiences enjoying it ^_^
    I have actually heard it is not meant to be "as bad" as the Lolita community though, but I do know there are people who are in both hobbies. Which considering the amount of cross over I am really not that surprised actually. It is good you don't take too much offence, that is the best way really.

I think the decent people are worth it though, plus the dolls them selves are amazing. I do think they are worth it personally. Just thought I would give you a heads up, but I like to think the bad is only a small amount of people.