Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New - Ignore Feature

New - Ignore Feature

I looked this up in old threads and my question isn't answered. If YOU ignore someone, can THEY still see/post in your threads on the forum?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Posts from users that you are ignoring are hidden from view when logged into the forums. They can still see your posts and such, you just wont see anything from them at all, as if they didn't exist (only when logged in).

So they can still see and post in my threads then. Forget it.

Thanks.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonerotique View Post
    So they can still see and post in my threads then. Forget it.

Thanks.
    Unfortunately, yes. However, if someone is following you around like this and harassing you, you can report them.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Same goes with the mainsite. Say you ignore someone 'cause he's been stalking you and reading everything you do obsessively and harassing whoever talks to you, you think that'd make it so he can't access your page anymore since yanno, you're ignoring him but nah, at first you'll be pleased you don't get a thousand shouts, comments and PMs from him but then after a few days you'll notice that some commenters seem to be talking to themselves so you'll unignore the user to see what's going on and holy shit it's worse than it ever was and he's actively attacking the commenters.

Ignoring people is completely useless and goes against what you'd normally expect from an Ignore feature.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Ignoring people is completely useless and goes against what you'd normally expect from an Ignore feature.
    I have never seen an ignore feature implemented where both parties become invisible to each other.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Not to mention creeps that would just log out or use a different account to get around being blocked/ignored. They'll still see your stuff.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Ignore features are pretty hard to really work with since there's things like people logging out just t view stuff.

The friend's only feature works in part for that. Friends are a mutual thing, so someone can't just friend you without you friending back. If you use the friends only feature then only the people you agreed on can see your work. it makes networking more difficult however.

As always if someone is still hounding you and trying to bother you then report it. evading blocks and harassment are against the rules of the site.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Wait what?
    So if I'm understanding this right... People you've "ignored" on the main site can still comment on your things, you just won't see it?
    Or at least they are able to reply to others commenting on your submissions?

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    ...Seriously?
    So the feature that I thought was a block feature is basically useless? I need to repeatedly unblock and reblock someone to see if they've been shitting all over my page?