Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    There was a dog show in the con center right next door, dog people had been in the hotel too.
    I think that a lot of people are missing the delicious irony here.

The fur-con goers took shelter at a dog show, and there were dog people right next to Dog-People.

Weasyl
    Gamedog

Weasyl
    Namba

Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Well they're already deranged enough to plan a poisoning of a ton of people. It doesn't seem that farfetched.
    Thankfully, that level of crazy is rare, even in fannish circles. If it was actually someone in the fandom, It probably is someone who's already known to Chicago-area furfans.

However, as much as some furries seem to revel in the idea of being a persecuted minority, the real target was someone else, and MFF just got caught in the crossfire.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by rbartrop View Post
    Thankfully, that level of crazy is rare, even in fannish circles. If it was actually someone in the fandom, It probably is someone who's already known to Chicago-area furfans.

However, as much as some furries seem to revel in the idea of being a persecuted minority, the real target was someone else, and MFF just got caught in the crossfire.
    That's a really bold statement (no pun intended). The actions show that this was for a group. If the individual (or individuals, idk) knew enough to do this they probably could have made a small bomb if it was for a specific person.

Unless you know of someone that could have possibly done something so vile that would reside on the 9th or 10th floor that someone would feel this is justifiable I really don't think that this was meant for one person.

I'm not trying to say that furries are some persecuted minority that anything involving them must be an attack on furries specifically. It's just with what information has been given so far, nothing really points to one target.

UPDATE/EDIT:

Someone claims that their friends insist it's drug-related and that someone intended to make meth but fucked up. Really? Is chlorine part of meth? I've never heard of this. Can a chemistry wizard or druggie enlighten me on this?
    Last edited by Damian; 12-10-2014 at 01:36 AM.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Chlorine is not an ingredient used in making meth

There's a lot of nasty shit and chemicals that should not go into your body, though.

EDIT: Hydrochloride gas is involved, so perhaps you are correct in that someone was transporting the powder to mix it somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Wowowow, I'm learning some things along the way.
    Using my link here: http://www.reddit.com/r/furry/commen...t_mwff/cmpn9n8
    This guy says that in order for the gas to have the effect that it did, the white material (widely believed to be chlorine powder) would have to be mixed with some other substance, like "alcohol, ammonia, or some other catalyst that will begin the exothermic gas release."
    With meth, the most common form of making it is to use Sudafed, or "pseudoephedrine hydrochloride". Someone could just as easily make hydrochloride by mixing chlorine powder with denatured alcohol, isopropyl alcohol (both of which ARE ingredients meth manufacturers use in their process), as well as anhydrous ammonia.

The chlorine itself is not dumped into the mix, but the mix of hydrochloride is created in the mix and hydrochloride gas is created. "Hydrogen chloride gas is bubbled through the liquid meth, making it a crystalline hydrochloride salt."
    Here's a video here, I hope this is okay to post? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVWIpjhbcbk
    Last edited by Gamedog; 12-10-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Seems like too short amount of time to make it. And how would they even set up a portable mini-lab in a dang hotel room without anyone noticing? I mean, dang that seems outrageously risky. I know furries be stupid but, DAMN. That's like, top notch stupidity. Top notch.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Seems like too short amount of time to make it. And how would they even set up a portable mini-lab in a dang hotel room without anyone noticing? I mean, dang that seems outrageously risky. I know furries be stupid but, DAMN. That's like, top notch stupidity. Top notch.
    Yeah, I'm researching a bit as I go along
    I don't think a furry would have been doing it if it was a meth lab. But the idea of some amateur meth-making idiot carrying a jar of powdered chlorine mixed with a chemical and having it drop or explode.. maybe.
    Meth IS made in hotels and motels, after all. It can be made pretty much anywhere. You can make it in a pop bottle, even.

Here's a video explaining what job hydrochloride gas has in meth production: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC_xWQzHW4Q&t=8m0s

Weasyl
    N/A
    Why can't they just be lazy and safe and smoke marijuana instead of going through all this nonsense of acid and fire and explosion.

Geez, and people think heroin is dangerous :X
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD