Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Guys this is getting a bit absurd. Yes it's awful what happened and I hope whoever is responsible gets the book thrown at them. What kind of scumbag does something like this.

Now that being said, the fact that every single one of you is immediately jumping to the conclusion that it's "Fursecution" is silly. Yes, it could be. But it could also be done by one of the Furcon-goers themselves. Furries are just as petty as non-furs, and there's no reason to deny someone with a bone to pick might not try to poison someone they thought wronged them in the past at some other furry gathering online or not.

It's also not entirely unreasonable to assume it wasn't someone trying to kill someone else in the hotel, nor does the currently theory of Intentional hold any water until it is proven and a culprit is found guilty.

So please people, stop doing the reaction everyone expects furries to do until there is proof. The fact that someone in here already went for the Evil Four-Chins route is depressing.

Just speaking from experience since it was a 4chan poster who pulled the fire alarm on Otakon a few years back.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Guys this is getting a bit absurd. Yes it's awful what happened and I hope whoever is responsible gets the book thrown at them. What kind of scumbag does something like this.

Now that being said, the fact that every single one of you is immediately jumping to the conclusion that it's "Fursecution" is silly. Yes, it could be. But it could also be done by one of the Furcon-goers themselves. Furries are just as petty as non-furs, and there's no reason to deny someone with a bone to pick might not try to poison someone they thought wronged them in the past at some other furry gathering online or not.

It's also not entirely unreasonable to assume it wasn't someone trying to kill someone else in the hotel, nor does the currently theory of Intentional hold any water until it is proven and a culprit is found guilty.

So please people, stop doing the reaction everyone expects furries to do until there is proof. The fact that someone in here already went for the Evil Four-Chins route is depressing.
    You... did read all the posts before jumping to these generalizations... right?

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I know furries are awful, but what moron thinks this acceptable? I don't know much about chemicals so I'm not certain what the effects of this particular substance would be, but why even fuck with that?
    An acquaintance of mine, Vextacy, attended this. Do hope she's safe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    Has it been confirmed that this was an 'attack'? Seems like it could just as easily have been some hotel staff dropping the pool cleaning supplies given the evidence provided so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    At first I assumed that maybe some was spilled near a pool but now I'm kind of weirded out, lol

What kind of idiot would think chlorine is a good idea? Like.. you can smell that shit from a mile away, it's not exactly sneaky.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Cat View Post
    I agree, rumors and gossip can cause a lot more damage than has already been done, just wait a few days for the chaos to die down, then the speculation and the mistaken facts will be weeded out.
    This x21324235
    Shit just makes it 10x harder to understand when this person and that person are saying this, and "I heard it from a guy on the corner" and etc etc
    If you weren't there or didn't see anything, there's no need to say shit as solid fact!!!!!

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaSeta View Post
    Is that before or after they blame the Illuminati?
    Furries are the Illuminati, silly.

:y

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Oh yeah - this thing flooded my Twitters last night. Sure was interesting!

Pretty sure nobody was *actually* harmed though, so it's all good.
    Disregarding those taken away in ambulances if you have a health problem you can be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    Furries are the Illuminati, silly.

:y
    Only the Scalies.

I found out about this on BookFace. It's terrible and has me feeling worried for those there, hoping everyone is OK.

I would never of thought to hear something like this at a Furcon let alone a convention in general. This sort of thing shouldn't happen but at the same time I'm not to surprised in this day an age.

I just hope like everyone else that they find who did this and what was the reason to do such a thing.

Take care of yourselves out there.
    Icon by Sixel

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by WakkaSeta View Post
    You... did read all the posts before jumping to these generalizations... right?
    There are at least five examples setting the overall tone of the thread at that time. There were few attempts to outline otherwise by anyone else. So while I'll admit that it isn't "everyone" and that was improper of me, don't attempt to suggest that I'm making any sort of grand generalization when the tone at present was clear.

I'm not sure what point you're attempting to make outside of my incorrect use of words so to those deserving vindication you have my apologies.

Edit: Further edits for correctness, clearly I need to learn to read. Or get some rest. Much more likely the latter of those two.
    Last edited by Rilvor; 12-08-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I'm not sure what point you're attempting to make outside of my incorrect use of words so to those deserving vindication you have my apologies.
    It's actually a very simple reason really. Obnoxious nay-sayers annoy me just as much as rabid theorists.