Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    I'm nowhere near this and I'm creeped out. I really hope everybody's okay... beh ;;
    This has made national news, by the way. It won't go down quietly at all.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    Panicked and ran off, maybe. But the possibility I mentioned doesn't seem likely, anyway: I looked up the hotel and it seems they don't have a pool.
    At first I assumed that maybe some was spilled near a pool but now I'm kind of weirded out, lol

What kind of idiot would think chlorine is a good idea? Like.. you can smell that shit from a mile away, it's not exactly sneaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    At first I assumed that maybe some was spilled near a pool but now I'm kind of weirded out, lol

What kind of idiot would think chlorine is a good idea? Like.. you can smell that shit from a mile away, it's not exactly sneaky.
    Well, if you're smelling it, then it's already starting to get into your body to do the damage. Also, in a large place like a hotel, evacuation is probably not a quick process, and people will end up breathing more and more of it in while trying to get out.

Also, assuming this whole thing was intentional, the intent might've been to induce panic, rather than relying on the effects of the chlorine itself.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Yeahh you're probably right on that

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Cat View Post
    Wow, I never thought furries would face any real live persecution, most of the time it's furs being thin skinned or heavily exaggerating. If this was malevolent, than this is definitely a "hate crime" (ugh I hate that word) against furries if I've ever seen one.

I do believe it was AC, and it highlights the seriousness of what happened here; While in my opinion, threatening to hurt someone makes you just as guilty as actually hurting someone, we all know public threats like bombing a convention are just hollow words from an attention whore. But this is more dire, the fact that the (possible) attacker here never openly threatened anyone shows he did not want to get caught until he committed the act, if what I read in the article and this thread is true, than this person tried to kill several attendees, and was 110% serious about it; not joking, not trolling, not attention whoring.
    That's really the most disturbing thing about it. This wasn't your typical con emergency, this was deliberately done by someone who wasn't fucking around at all.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Oh yeah - this thing flooded my Twitters last night. Sure was interesting!

Pretty sure nobody was *actually* harmed though, so it's all good.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Oh yeah - this thing flooded my Twitters last night. Sure was interesting!

Pretty sure nobody was *actually* harmed though, so it's all good.
    Couple people went in ambulances, IIRC
    Chlorine literally burns your lungs and throat

It's officially trending on facebook, and what's weird is all the reports covering it are actually showing furries in a positive light.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    ... showing furries in a positive light.
    Aaaaand I'm officially predicting conspiracy theorists will blame furries for this in an attempt to gain public acceptance for our purportedly vile ways. "It takes one chlorine bomb to legalize beastiality." or someshit similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    Aaaaand I'm officially predicting conspiracy theorists will blame furries for this in an attempt to gain public acceptance for our purportedly vile ways. "It takes one chlorine bomb to legalize beastiality." or someshit similar.
    Is that before or after they blame the Illuminati?