Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I can believe it. Reno has a huge Meth problem, for it to continue on like it has it must be accessible enough to the people making it. It may not have necessarily been a Fur trying to make it either, remember this place no doubt still has a lot of regular guests.

It doesn't matter if it was malicious or idiot druggies, if this person gets caught (Which I hope happens) the punishment will be severe. That all being said, thanks for doing the research and sharing Gamedog. I hadn't even considered that.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    NP Rilvor

Now I'm wondering if the police are looking into recent purchases of powdered chlorine in the area. It's kind of a specialty item I think, used mostly for pool filters. I can't imagine too many people are casually buying it this time of year?

Reading something here on Wikipedia:

"Calcium hypochlorite also known as chlorine powder or bleach powder is a chemical compound with formula Ca(ClO)2. It is widely used for water treatment and as a bleaching agent."

"Calcium hypochlorite is a yellow white solid which has a strong smell of chlorine."

"Similarly, calcium hypochlorite reacts with hydrochloric acid to form calcium chloride, water and gaseous chlorine"

Hydrochloric acid is an ingredient in meth production.
    Last edited by Gamedog; 12-10-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    I don't know, but I have a hard time believing it's just a screw-up. I have a nasty feeling that there actually is some malicious intent, but the press is going to try and cover it up with a meth story because "it happened at a furry convention and furries deserve to die," apparently. I'm not saying the meth screw-up is fake, just that I really wouldn't be surprised if this was a hate crime they're trying to cover up.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn View Post
    I don't know, but I have a hard time believing it's just a screw-up. I have a nasty feeling that there actually is some malicious intent, but the press is going to try and cover it up with a meth story because "it happened at a furry convention and furries deserve to die," apparently. I'm not saying the meth screw-up is fake, just that I really wouldn't be surprised if this was a hate crime they're trying to cover up.
    Oh I believe it was likely some asshole looking to hurt other people, however the meth story is quite interesting and certainly possible.

I doubt we will know until (and if) the person is caught.

The belief that this may have been a meth operation is thought up just now by us as a possible reason for the mess on the floor, I don't know if anybody outside of this thread has thought about the possibility.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #65

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Back on topic please guys

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn View Post
    Actually it wasn't the media i got this from but people who had friends there. Please try to keep your emotions and biases in check. Thats how misinformation spreads.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Actually it wasn't the media i got this from but people who had friends there. Please try to keep your emotions and biases in check. Thats how misinformation spreads.
    Is making meth in a hotel a thing that happens often?

Weasyl
    N/A
    I had no idea, honestly. Apparently it is but i thought people would be smarter than that. Then again after reading the ingredients who in their right mind would put THAT in their body?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    I had no idea, honestly. Apparently it is but i thought people would be smarter than that. Then again after reading the ingredients who in their right mind would put THAT in their body?
    Well people use that Krokodil drug stuff that rots your skin off so I'm not surprised.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #70

Weasyl
    Fayv
    I'm going to cut out all the off topic nonsense, since the warning wasn't heeded and pass out the necessary warnings and infractions.